Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Out Of Control
Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 04:51 PM   #196
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:20 AM
dead thread for a week had me like

congrats ax! that's great.

i don't have any major accomplishments to report, although i did drive eight hours on very little sleep and also attend a concert the same day. i really don't recommend it, although i had fun.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 07-08-2016, 07:51 PM   #197
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:20 PM
Who did you see?

I'm so damn sleep deprived after the conference. Commuting from Melbourne to Ballarat was a killer. I was thinking of going to a couple of gigs over the weekend but I may be too exhausted!

Old 07-10-2016, 01:47 AM   #198
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:20 PM
I take no blame for the dead thread. I haven't been home since Wednesday.
Old 07-10-2016, 06:43 PM   #199
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Who did you see?
duran duran, of course.

i just looked up how far away ballarat is. yikes.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 07-10-2016, 11:49 PM   #200
Vocal parasite

I should have guessed!

The train from Ballarat to Melbourne is about 80-90 minutes. And then of course there was the whole getting-to-my-suburb thing once I got back to Melbourne. Doing that commute for a week was not a flash idea, especially as I stayed late in Ballarat most evenings. I'm still a bit tired!
Old 07-10-2016, 11:52 PM   #201
Vocal parasite

Also, my department moved into a new building today. Or more to the point, a really heavily renovated version of our old building that we left in 2014. It had two wings, and they tore down and reconstructed one of them, while just renovating the interior of the other.

The problem is that the floors are now completely out of whack. It's so confusing. You literally walk from level six of the renovated wing to level four of the reconstructed wing without taking a single step. Trying to find my friends and where everybody's desks are located has been my adventure for the day so far!
Old 07-11-2016, 02:23 PM   #202
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i counted and this was my 11th show of theirs. i'm kinda bummed that this is my only show i'm seeing on this tour, but they're playing the exact same set every show (seriously, they just played two shows in chicago and they played the same set. i'd be peeved, although if you're a fan you'd be keeping up on this and you'd be prepared that the sets are as fresh as french toast).

i can imagine! i looked it up on google maps and just looked up the driving directions, knowing it'd be even longer by train, and then it'd be even longer since you live in the suburbs. i can't even imagine. there's crazy people out there who actually have 90 minute commutes each way. i can't imagine it. i'd just live in my office throughout the week. the 30 minute ones i usually have are enough to drive me insane.

hopefully you won't have to deal with anything crazy like that ever again!

Old 07-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #203
Vocal parasite

I must admit I would've guessed that you'd have seen more of their shows than that!

And the Ballarat thing in theory should have been not too bad because I don't live too far from the CBD... but both my tram line and my train line were closed for maintenance last week! (They had replacement buses around the works but those take fucking forever.) So I had to take the next tram route over.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:25 PM   #204
Blue Crack Supplier

Just confirmed my timetable for next semester.

Most days I will spend longer getting to class than actually being in class.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #205
Blue Crack Supplier

Also have I got a fucking story for the bored audience. I didn't sign up for complicated shit in life.

I want a refund.
Old 07-11-2016, 09:34 PM   #206
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I must admit I would've guessed that you'd have seen more of their shows than that!

And the Ballarat thing in theory should have been not too bad because I don't live too far from the CBD... but both my tram line and my train line were closed for maintenance last week! (They had replacement buses around the works but those take fucking forever.) So I had to take the next tram route over.
i wish. there's been a couple shows i've wanted to go to but things just didn't work out, so had i been able to make all of those, it'd probably be more like 15 or something.

that sucks. buses definitely take way longer, they're such a pain. go for a couple minutes, stop. rinse, repeat.

ugh, i can no longer tell if i have a bias against this person or not. is it rude to stop by someone's house unannounced at 8:30 on a weeknight when you know someone works an 8-5 shift?

especially since i am sure he's only here to vent about his created drama and to try to finagle free booze or something...ugh

Old 07-11-2016, 10:03 PM   #207
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Just confirmed my timetable for next semester.

Most days I will spend longer getting to class than actually being in class.
I had such a cushy commute in my very first year of university - less than a ten minute walk from home to class - that I still view my current commute of 20-25 minutes to be "long".

If I get this job I want at La Trobe I don't know how I'll cope with the 70-80 minute commute.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:04 PM   #208
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
ugh, i can no longer tell if i have a bias against this person or not. is it rude to stop by someone's house unannounced at 8:30 on a weeknight when you know someone works an 8-5 shift?

especially since i am sure he's only here to vent about his created drama and to try to finagle free booze or something...ugh
Definitely rude.

But then I'd be confused if ANYONE showed up unannounced at my place.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:12 PM   #209
Blue Crack Supplier

I measure any commute against the hour plus it took when I moved to day shifts at the bank.

Also, definitely rude.
Old 07-11-2016, 10:17 PM   #210
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

damn, the server ate my post. i'm relieved to see i'm not alone in thinking this is rude. especially since cell phones exist and are so commonplace, it's not hard to give someone a call first. this dude's such a mess anyway.

all this commute stuff is making me hope i can make freelancing work. my commute would be about a minute.

Closed Thread

Tags
superthread