Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha that's brilliant, both the prank and the knowing realisation.

I love how Palmerston North manages to be a city with precisely zero attractions. "What's there to do in Palmy?" "Leave."

In other news, viewing a room near my ex-girlfriend in a few hours. Not stalking her, I can't force her to do what she doesn't want to do, I just liked the suburb one over from hers.

Not sure when I should tell my current landlord about this.

I shouldn't be considering the location, but my ex showed me the area and it was nice. My dad wants a car that can be kept on a safe street, and demands I move before I get it, since I'd be his driver.

It's cheaper to get to uni (by bus) and less irritating overall.

You can be well assured as a guy who is happy to not have to fuck around, this is not my ideal situation. But I'm sure I've pissed my dad off before in life, and given he's said he'll help, I'm not going to tell him no.

It's kind of a funny flip on my dad gets me a car, and my life gets easier situation.

If my dad gets me a car, I have a headache in the driveway, more things to take him to and pay for.

I'm willing to do it for him, but it's so not in my benefit it's quite funny.

I could use a chauffeur. One that I don't pay. Who continually surprises me with overshared anecdotes.

Sounds like you are the ideal candidate, Ian.

I'll accept your bank details anyway.

Wait, there are only three pennies in this account...

Me? I'm descended from the world's greatest stinges.

Seriously, needing to tip is possibly my least favourite part of travelling out of Australia/NZ.

The worst part is not knowing what's considered an acceptable tip, or even WHEN a tip is appropriate, because on the one hand I don't want to be a dick, but on the other hand I want to give away as few of my dollarydoos as possible.

So my new place is good. Name my move in date. Just need to source a bed, which won't be hard. Saw two houses today, took the first one, especially because based on the hill to and from the other one, it might be Everest base camp. Plus a pool!

Saw a homeless guy digging through the bins at Britomart while I was buying a coffee today. Grabbed a lemon slice or something for him, and of course he'd gone missing. Found the guy who's always outside McDonald's and told him to rock on.

Nice. :up:

I must admit, the homelessness in central Melbourne in the last year or two has become really quite confronting. It's starting to remind me of the homelessness that startled me so much in major US cities.

I normally don't. The moment just kinda hit me, for some odd reason. I think he actually probably appreciated having a quick chat with me more than the shitty lemon slice, because it meant someone had seen him and acknowledged he existed.

.....wonder if I can smoke weed at the new place.

Why smoke it when you can bake it into a delicious cake.

I find the effects more satisfying that way too. Plus I just hate smoking anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom