Youtube...technical help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shannonkv

War Child
Just wondering if there is a way to save youtube files to your computer? I thought there was, but I can't seem to make it work.

Sorry if this has been asked or is in the wrong place!

Thanks in advance for any and all help!! :D

www.keepvid.com

Pretty easy to figure out once you're there, but hollar if you need more help with it. In all my experience, if the video plays on YouTube, this site will download it.

Wow, thats pretty easy to grab videos..thanks again for the help.

One question though, I can't seem to find a reliable flv converter (to convert the videos to mpeg without leaving watermarks). Do you of a program that you could recommend?

Thanks again :wink:

Iam also woundering how can a person take a vedio frome you tube. Would be great if someone could help learn how to do it. I have tryed to use www.keepvid.com But all I get is a file that sayy it is FLV. I dont know what that means let alone know how to play it :huh: . If someone could help me out I would really appcaite it. Thanks.

eriekittym

flv is a type of file. You can either download an flv player or convert the flv file to mpeg, etc.

you can try videora.com or xilisoft.com...these work well

Thanks to both of you fore the links I have downloaded one of the flv players now that I know what they are. But how do I change the flie the a flv file? And yes Iam very interstead in learning how to convert theme to mpg files. This is my first time at trying to do something like this.

Thanks again

eriekittym

Download the video converter from www.videora.com

Once you download the program, open it and under "Setup" choose what type of format you want to convert your files to (i.e. mpeg) and where you want the video to go once converted.

Then go to "Convert", click "One-click transcode" select the file you want to convert and if compatible it will convert it for you. There is also support on the videora website :wink:

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom