Your Top 10 Video Games Of All-Time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
1.Final Fantasy VII(Playstation)
2.Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past(SNES)
3.Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time(N64)
4.Final Fantasy II(SNES)
5.Super Mario All-Stars(+World Version)(SNES)
6.Super Mario 64(N64)
7.Street Fighter II(SNES)
8.Sonic The Hedgehog(Genesis)
9.Super Mario Kart(SNES)
10.Tetris(NES)

1-4 might move around amongst themselves, but they will always be the top 4.

5-10 might move around amongst themselves, in the future some might even be replaced with others...but this is it for now.

Final Fantasy and Zelda are truly the holy grail of video games.

1. James Bond Golden Eye
2. Call of Duty 2
3. Halo 3
4. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
5. GTA 3
6. Super Mario 64
7. Wave Racer 64
8. Resident Evil
9. Splinter Cell
10. Pac Man

01. Final Fantasy I (NES)
02. Silent Hill (Playstation)
03. Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
04. Super Mario Brothers (NES)
05. Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past (SNES)
06. Chrono Cross (Playstation)
07. Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube/PS2)
08. Civilization 4 (PC)
09. Final Fantasy VII (Playstation)
10. Sim City 4 (PC)

1.) The Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask/Twilight Princess (can't decide)
2.) Super Mario Bros. 3
3.) Super Smash Bros. Melee
4.) Metroid Prime 1/2/3 (ugh, too hard again)
5.) Tales Of Symphonia
6.) Final Fantasy VII
7.) Resident Evil 4
8.) Diablo II: Lord Of Destruction
9.) Goldeneye 007
10.) The Legend Of Zelda: Link's Awakening

Roughly. Hard to go back and remember every game I have ever owned. But these definitely stand out.

Kick Off
Kick Off II
Player Manager
Sensible soccer
Street Fighters
Sonic
Leisure Suit Larry
Epic
Wing Commander
Sim City

1. Goldeneye
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
3. Half-Life 2/Episode 1/Episode 2
4. Banjo-Kazooie
5. Mega Bomberman
6. Halo: Combat Evolved
7. Super Smash Bros. Mellee
8. Mario Kart 64
9. Star Fox 64
10. Jade Empire

Galaga
Super Mario World 3
The 'Madden' series
Halo
Goldeneye 007
Starfox 64
Shadows of the Empire
The Sims
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

1. Goldeneye 007
2. Halo
3. Mario Kart 64
4. Super Smash Bros. 64
5. The Sims 2
6. Sim City (I forget which number)
7. MVP Baseball 2005
8. Madden NFL 2004
9. Star Wars: Battlefront
10. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Mario Kart, Super Mario, Mario Brothers, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Sim City and now Fifa, these are where it's at.

and how can i forget Worms :love:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i found this for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensible_Soccer

basically, it was an amiga/atari soccer game in the early 90s. that title is hilarious though. i've never played it though.

My brother had that for the SNES. It was fun but there only seemed to be two ways to score a goal- either diagonally from the wings (no matter how far out. So long as you were past the halfway line, it'd go in) or straight ahead when you were millimetres in from the goalpost!

I couldnt place an order, so here goes.

Silent Hill (PS1)
Elite Beat Agents (DS)
Sonic CD (Mega CD)
Bubble Bobble (Sega Master System)
Yakuza (PS2)
Perfect Dark/Goldeneye (N64, they are pretty much the same game afterall)
Skitchin (Mega Drive)
Saturn bomberman (Sega Saturn)
Pokémon (any really, but Im playing Pearl on the DS ATM, so that)
And...

I dunno, its either Resident Evil 1 remake or Zelda: Ocarina of time...ah hell, both. :D

TheQuiet1 said:

My brother had that for the SNES. It was fun but there only seemed to be two ways to score a goal- either diagonally from the wings (no matter how far out. So long as you were past the halfway line, it'd go in) or straight ahead when you were millimetres in from the goalpost!

Doesn't sound very "sensible" to me :tsk:

MooMoo! said:
Silent Hill (PS1)

alright, another SH fan! :hi5: Have you played any of the other games on the PS2 or Xbox?

Hell yes. :D

I got 2 a while ago, and 3 recently. Both were great, although I think in terms of story and "OMG WTF BBQ D:" moments 1 wins. I'll have to try and get 4 sometime.

Is it true theres a SH game coming out on the DS? my friend said it was, I dont know where she heard it from.

I loved the film too. As a standalone film, its a bit meh, (I feel sorry for people who havent played the game who try to "get" it :lol: ) but as far as "game to films" go its one of the best. :yes:

MooMoo! said:
Hell yes. :D

I got 2 a while ago, and 3 recently. Both were great, although I think in terms of story and "OMG WTF BBQ D:" moments 1 wins. I'll have to try and get 4 sometime.

Is it true theres a SH game coming out on the DS? my friend said it was, I dont know where she heard it from.

I loved the film too. As a standalone film, its a bit meh, (I feel sorry for people who havent played the game who try to "get" it :lol: ) but as far as "game to films" go its one of the best. :yes:

totally agree with the film, I loved it as well and yes, if you haven't played the games you would probably be lost... Pyramid Head is my homeboy...

As far as new games, I haven't heard of anything for the DS, There’s “Silent Hill Origins" which was just released on November 6 for the PSP (maybe this is what your friend was talking about), it’s supposed to take place before the first one. Here's info from IGN:

http://psp.ign.com/objects/826/826999.html

The other one they are working on is 5 for the PS3 and Xbox, I don't know much about this one yet but it looks good.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/777/777941.html

I didn’t like 4 very much, it went a little too first-person for me and the story was irritating…

1. Lord Of The Rings Online (PC)
2. Empire Earth (PC)
3. Tiger Woods series (PS2)
4. Madden series (PS2)
5. Donkey Kong (Arcade)
6. Star Wars (Arcade)
7. River Run (Atari)
8. Battle For Middle Earth (PC)
9. Big Buck Hunter (Arcade)
10. Might And Magic (PC)

Other noteworthy ones:

Heroes Of Might And Magic II (PC)
Call Of Duty (PS2)
Sled Storm 2 (PS2)
Company Of Heroes (PC)
Star Wars: Rebellion (PC)
NFL Street (PS2)
NBA Street (PS2)

Last edited:
elevated_u2_fan said:

totally agree with the film, I loved it as well and yes, if you haven't played the games you would probably be lost... Pyramid Head is my homeboy...

As far as new games, I haven't heard of anything for the DS, There’s “Silent Hill Origins" which was just released on November 6 for the PSP (maybe this is what your friend was talking about), it’s supposed to take place before the first one. Here's info from IGN:

http://psp.ign.com/objects/826/826999.html

The other one they are working on is 5 for the PS3 and Xbox, I don't know much about this one yet but it looks good.

http://ps3.ign.com/objects/777/777941.html

I didn’t like 4 very much, it went a little too first-person for me and the story was irritating…
so 5 wont be on the PS2? Bum. :(

NOOO! dont do it! :sick:

Seriously though, I have nothing against the PS3 bar the price. I need to update majorly, my brother has a Wii, but Ive never played an xbox, 360 or PS3. :huh:

well, I'm not a fan of the Xbox and in terms of controls the PS3 is very similar to the PS2 so I'll probably go with it at some point. I'm still waiting for the price to come down a little more though...

They've been advertising them for $399.99 now for the new 40 GB versions but they are apparently not backwards compatible like the 80 GB versions for $499...

I heard about that, I also heard that back compatable PS3's are iffy with certain PS2 games. :/

Either way, it'll be a while before I get a PS3, if ever. Ive heard a lot about the 360, so I may get one at some point.

I dont get all this halo buzz, but then again ive never played it.

I can't say much about Playstation Games or the newer Nintendo consoles but growing up my favorite NES/SNES games were:

1: Super Mario Brothers
2: Super Mario Brothers 2
3. F-Zero
4. Mike Tyson's Punchout
5. Rad Racer :lol:
6. Super Mario Kart
7. Mega Man
8. Ninja Gaiden
9. Super Tennis
10. Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball

:up:

Back