You never forget your first

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiger Edge

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
When did you get your first home computer?
AND
When did you first use the internet?

I think I got my ancient black and green one in like '95 or something and it only printed out greeting cards. The pixelated lamewad greeting cards in grey. :drool:

Our first real computer was in '97. And that was the first time I touched the internets, and they touched me. :heart:
Dial-up noise... :drool: AOL 4.0 :drool:

your first time, huh? :lol:

God, I remember all the way back to the late 80s or early 90s when we had a 386 machine! :reject:

Discovered the internet in 1997 but was going to Net Cafe's for the longest time!

Got my own Intel Celeron machine with my own money in 2003. :sexywink:

The wonderful Sinclair ZX Spectrum with a magnificent 48K Ram somewhere in the eighties!!! How did I love the thing. Waiting 15 minutes (or more) before the great game of Chickie Egg was loaded... Sometimes my parents even lete me connect the thing with our color TV, instead of the regular Black@White. Wow!! The wonder of full-color computer games!!

Internet came in 1996

Zootlesque said:
your first time, huh? :lol:

God, I remember all the way back to the late 80s or early 90s when we had a 386 machine! :reject:

Discovered the internet in 1997 but was going to Net Cafe's for the longest time!

Got my own Intel Celeron machine with my own money in 2003. :sexywink:

the mid/late 80s. a 8086. we're growing old, Zoot :( :hug:

got my first pc in 1996 and the internets in '97-'98 i think.

second pc (one using now) got in 2001.

I first started using the internet in the summer of 1996 (I was 14). My best friend asked me to go to the library with her, and we went in a chat room together. I started going to the library all the time to use the internet, and my parents decided it was time for us to have a computer. That fall, they spent over $2,000 on a Gateway computer. I was in heaven. :drool: We still have that computer, actually. It's in my bedroom back at my dad's house.

I was a really late bloomer! My first computer was built by a guy I knew in 1999. It had Windows 95, 4gig hard drive, like 68mb of RAM :huh: and of course dial up. Thing is this computer lasted forever.. at least 3 years until I finally got up the courage to buy a new one. I had major issues with the thought of transferring all my stuff to a new computer. It gets easier though the more you do it :crack:

Now I am loving life with my Pentium 4, 200g hd, 1g RAM, high speed dsl, full media center etc etc :drool:

Our first was a Packard Bell. I think we got it in like 1998. It had Windows 95. A few years later, my parents got an HP instead. It died from lightning, but they replaced it for free. I've upgraded that one ever since :reject:

I can't remember when we got Internet, probably 2000 or so. We had dial-up (AOL > MSN > PeoplePC) until about a year ago when my dad starting working from home and his company paid for him to use SBC in the home office, so I gave my family a router and made their house wireless.

My own first computer was an HP desktop with XP Home. It was 2002, I was 17 and I nannied four kids full time all summer and paid for it in cash. I got it for college the summer before college started.

We never had those old green and black computers. My family's usually the last to get something. For years we had to rent a VCR when we rented a movie.

I first used the internet in 1997, at school. I didn't start using the internet for fun until 2000, when my sister's boyfriend got a computer, and I was over there a lot (I was 15). And then after that, everybody started getting them, including my brother and my cousin, but I was still at home with my parents, and they were (and still pretty much are) technologically challenged, so I just used everybody else's whenever I could (plus at school and at the library). And then finally in 2002, I got my own :happy:

The first computer we had was a 486 Packard Bell. I think it had a 125mb harddrive! We thought that was so huge at the time.

I think we were connected to the net by 97. We still have the same modem. :reject:

1995 - My dad brought home a Macintosh LC575 from the university computer store, slightly under $2000.

511bwb3.jpg

Didn't get online until '99 or early 2000 when my dad brought back a $50 liquidated PC from work. Got us online for the first time.

The funny thing is that my dad is computer-literate for basic office work, but the family has never taken a lot of interest or been good at maintaining a Windows PC - that old Mac was a charm when it came out.

Like Sicy, I had my computer built back in 1999. I had to replace the hard drive and motherboard 2 years ago , and it's still kicking. When it comes to when I need a new one, I'l have it built for me again, but by other guy that has service my computer in the last year. I highly recommend him. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom