Yeah but do you use it to make calls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you use your iPhone for?

• As a phone

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • As a glorified camera, iPod, fun-time machine

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

elevated_u2_fan

Blue Crack Supplier
I see these iPhones everywhere and every person uses them to listen to music, take pictures, figure out tips, find restaurants, tell me what song is on the radio, get stock quotes, etc, etc, etc...

I'm beginning to notice people aren't actually really using the "phone" part very much...

It's all App this and iTunes that, is anyone actually using this thing as a damn phone?

I know what you're getting at, Elfa. I use my Blackberry probably 90% of the time as a way to email / text / work / save notes / etc., and 10% of the time as a phone. Though I don't have one and thus cannot vote, the couple of my friends who do have them have all admitted to me that the "phone" aspect of it does sorta suck to use.

so, just to be clear here, you are using it as a phone over 50% of the time?

I rarely browse the internet on it because it's the 1st Gen and doesn't have the 3G internet thing. Nor do I use the email side because when I registered my email address to it I kept getting spam every 10 mins and the phone would alert me of a new email.

The camera I use sometimes.
Only thing I use it for besides calls is checking weather and calendar. And it's my alarm clock.

:nerd:

I know what you're getting at, Elfa. I use my Blackberry probably 90% of the time as a way to email / text / work / save notes / etc., and 10% of the time as a phone. Though I don't have one and thus cannot vote, the couple of my friends who do have them have all admitted to me that the "phone" aspect of it does sorta suck to use.

Yeah, same here with the blackberry. I can never figure out why I'm always running the battery dead, because I barely call anyone, but then I realize I'm almost always using it for e-mail, text, messenger, internet, etc., so I see the point ELFA's making, but I also enjoy the fact that I have all of that WITH my phone. Pretty damn convenient.

I don't have an iPhone and do not plan on getting one ever. Yes, it seems like people are using it more for an app than a phone. I prefer to get an ipod an keep it separate from my phone. All i need is a phone that has a speakerphone, camera, text messaging, calculator, basic internet to check gmail and yahoo mail... thats it. Just the way I am. Very hard to text message on it with the touch screen, off topic i know but its one of my beefs about the iphone.

'Look at what i can do on my iphone!" - Whoop dee doo.

All i need is a phone that has a speakerphone, camera, text messaging, calculator, basic internet to check gmail and yahoo mail... thats it.

lol that's quite the list!

I don't have an iPhone, or any phone at all besides a work issue cell phone that I only use for work calls and personal emergency calls (I believe it has a camera, plays mp3s, and does texting but I've never used it for this). I don't like relying on one gadget to do everything b/c then when it breaks I'm screwed. For music I use these 2GB MP3 players that are $15. One for music in the car, one for workout, and one for my audio books. Then when the dog chews one it only costs $15 to replace instead of hundreds and my entire library.

My younger sister-in-law is always texting her friends and it amazes me how quickly she can manipulate that tiny little keypad. I can barely make a phone call :lol:

I love watching people text while they drive.... idiots :heart:

lol that's quite the list!

I need a speakerphone because i wear hearing aides an cell phones give a bad feedback sound to my aides when i place cell phone next to them. I take whatever else I can get with that option in a phone especially a calculator.

I use mine for texting, teh internetz, occasionally email, a phone, and the odd game when I'm bored. But I've never been much of a "phone user", per se.

I'm addicted to my blackberry. I use it more for the other "stuff" than the phone. I have 16 saved WiFi settings.

I wonder how many of those people have the Touch or the iPhone.

i don't have an iphone, but i barely make any calls with my ordinary cellphone. i don't see that changing when i upgrade later in the year.

i do have an ipod touch, i listen to music with it more than anything else, but around the house it's a really useful gadget to look up stuff on the net without having to get a laptop and stuff.

I use my phone for texting more than anything else. According to my bill from last month, I used 176 minutes, sent 1764 texts and received 1681 texts.

I've made and recieved a total of 4 calls on my Blackberry so far. Otherwise it's just been for texting and taking pictures.. and internets now too.

I still have the basic RAZR, and even I use this thing as more of a techno gadget than a phone. Text messaging mostly, and, for some reason, the alarm clock has become an essential part of my life :p

Don't really see the problem with using our new gadgets this way though. I never liked talking on phones too much anyway.

Blackberry App World is the best! I have Pandora, Call manager. an app that checks flight and travel info, one that combines msn, aol and jabber. Messenger is great and RxPro helps me every day. As a person with both cardiac disease and diabetes in the family I have apps to help with my fitness and health regimes as well.

I :heart: my Bold

I use it as a phone as I have no landline. I barely have any apps on it at all, I don't have time to fiddle around with games and whatever else is on there. I use it primarily for calls and text messaging and I use the email function quite a lot too.

I have no idea how anyone listens to music on that thing, the battery life is atrocious.

right now my ATT bill is around 150, I think

of course, 60 of that is for a wireless usb for my laptops, I use about once a month.

before I got it,
I think I was paying around 85,
with roll over minutes, I can really talk as much as I want.

I may only have a 2000 a month text plan. I rarely text.

I pay $60/month but I only have 300 weekday minutes + unlimited evenings (after 6 pm) and unlimited weekends. However I'm only getting 1 GB of data...the main reason for that is that since the firm provides unlimited data on the Blackberry (Bold), there is little incentive for me to have a huge data plan on my personal phone.

Back
Top Bottom