Windows XP update problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~BrightestStar~

Blue Crack Supplier
Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikea
Windows XP users...

I'm not certain if there's been any official release, or anything. Thought I would give y'all a heads up just the same.
A few of my friends have had a little issue with their computers....

DO NOT LET YOUR COMPUTER UPDATE ITSELF. I made the "mistake" of allowing my computer to "install all updates and then turn off." I am not tech savvy, but I realized that after doing this Microsoft Word and Excel etc are unable to use the open file or save as command. E.g. you can't create a new document. I was told that Microsoft's own update caused these massive problems by a Microsoft tech support guy, but I still have the problem since "all the customer engineers are currently assistering other customers" for an hour.

Thanks for the heads up - too late here though. Looks like my File|Open is freezing a bit in Office XP.:|

Huh, interesting. I let mine update on it's own, but I know Office works b/c I just finished an update on Friday and worked on a 27 page paper all weekend. Maybe it's b/c I don't have the latest Office and it didn't come with this computer or OS.

this error, has it lead to the computer having to be left off for at least half an hour, because i was doing 2 discos recently, computer crashed when i loaded program it just wouldnt respond to anything, restarted but it stayed on the black screen for ages and wouldnt boot up . i thought it was my laptop playing up, but maybe its to do with this fix? what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom