windows vista sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah decoder gets rid of the protectant shit so you cant copy it..ive only ever had like 2 dvds i couldnt copy..so i took them to a buddy who gave me the decoder and shrink and he does them..but yeah decode it 1st..then open the files in shrink and you cant burn it right from there..

nope..well not on mine..you go to um..*goes to the other computer to look*
i got shrink 3.1..im sure its outdated by now but it works..anywho you go and open the folder where decrypter cached the dvd vob files..whatever..and it goes through the frames super fast..then you push backup and oh shit it does use the nero i have on here..oops sorry i just now saw it..yeah it uses my nero..and you mentioned you how to use decryper with nero..so yeah i guess when you push to back up it will open and say "burn with nero" and chose which drive to burn it with..

That's what I thought about Nero. Bloody pain in the arse. You won't get any updates further to Shrink because it is no longer developed due to restrictions with the system it uses (CSS) unfortunately. It was a great program otherwise and I still use it for burning my bootlegs off.

I don't know why but I put a disc in and it says 'Media not empty', even though it clearly is!!!

i donno.,,.ive got and have been through so many programs i lose track..does Magic ISO copy dvds? yeah nero annoys me to hell..i cant deal with its shit..and we have 3 desktops and 3 laptops that i use for various things..so if you cant tell its hard for me to remember what programs i have on what

I know what you mean.

My friends and family call up "hey Drew, this ain't working!" Come on, it's 6:30am, I've used in excess of 2500 programs in the last ten years, loads of operating systems and countless hardware pieces, I can't remember either what the hell works and what doesn't work.

And when you're trying to support someone who uses Vista when you're using XP, it ain't easy. I think maybe it's time to do a dual-boot of XP/Vista and try to use it myself before second-guesses of what works and what doesn't!

yeah..on the one PC we have dual boot of XP and ME.. but for some reason the ME wont work now..grr cause we use it for the one billing program for the business..and my new laptop will be vista..1st upgrade in this house from xp and da is all :huh: cause the reviews on vista..but since its a new system hoping no probs..

I tried ME and and I'd say about 45mins later XP was considered - and was used. But it only works for certain stuff so you have to keep it.

There shouldn't be too many issues, I know that there are a few little problems but nothing that can't be sorted with alternative programmes or ways to do stuff.

I found it kind of strange to use at first but I'm upgrading very soon. I had a weird problem with my RAM because it doesn't see more than half the stick all of a sudden when it used to read dual-channel memory anyway. Weird thing to just start happening.

====================================================

Vista is kinda like XP when it was first released...you'd likely know of the problems with drivers, software but now it's a standard and most people use/recommend it. With Service Pack 1 later this year it should fix the most annoying bugs and issues:

From an article about it:

* Improvements to Group Policy management tools.
* Performance improvements with Windows Disk Defragmenter that are also slated for Server 2008.
* New security APIs for the benefit of antivirus software that currently relies on the unsupported practice of patching the kernel (see Kernel Patch Protection).
* A new version of Windows Installer, version 4.1.
* Users will be able to change the default desktop search program to one provided by a third party instead of the Microsoft desktop search program that comes with Windows Vista. Third-party desktop search programs will be able to seamlessly tie in their services into the operating system.
* Support for 802.11n.
* Terminal Services can connect to an existing session.[45]
* IPv6 over VPN connections.
* Direct3D 10.1 is an incremental, side-by-side update to Direct3D 10.0 that provides a series of new rendering features that will be available in an upcoming generation of graphics hardware
Reports from various sources have suggested that SP1 will include a kernel that will be up-to-date with the version to be shipped with Windows Server 2008. A newer version of Windows Media Center is under development, but whether this will be included with the service pack, or be released separately, has not been clarified by Microsoft.

========================================================

Mainly, I want it for Media Centre to upgrade from version 2005 which I use but don't have the kind of system it demands for high-def and that sort of stuff.

i just bought a new laptop which i am on now and it came with vista, and i have had no problems with it so far, infact i love it :D

Back
Top Bottom