Windows Live Messenger not letting me log in!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
For the past week or two, I keep getting "Error 81000306: There might be a problem with your internet connection....." a lot and cannot log in to WLM.

I use Windows Live Mail and that sometimes doesn't want to connect either. Have to exit and reopen one or two times to connect and receive new email.

My AIM and Yahoo Messengers work fine.

I log in to Windows Live Messenger flawlessly by going to Meebo - Connecting AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Facebook, MySpace messengers

BUT why can i not log in with standard Messenger?????

I tried these tips at: Error 81000306 with Windows Live Messenger.. help please? - TechSpot OpenBoards

So irritating!!

Does anybody have a fix for Messenger an maybe Mail program?

irritated,
Jesse

I had this problem just yesterday actually, and a friend has complained of this too.

I suspect it's because they are rolling out a new version again (which I hear is ghastly, and will avoid like the plague as long as possible).

There does not seem to be any actual problem per se.
For me, after numerous frustrating attempts, I restarted my computer and the problem was magically solved.

For my friend, said "update: running regsvr32 softpub.dll fixed it "
I have no idea what they did exactly, but apparently doing that helped.

Stupid msn makes me want to kick its ass sometimes.

:cute:
Seduced by sound effects.

Well, I haven't seen it myself. Only heard second hand reports.
I don't have any sound effects turned on for my msn, so I suppose that won't influence my opinion.

And to be honest, almost every new messenger that comes out I'm not entirely pleased with :reject:, but I eventually get used to it and don't care anymore.

It's just the transition period that is annoying.

The new version is hideous. :grumpy:

I'll get used to it someday I guess. The sound doesn't influence me since I always have msn on mute, the sounds have annoyed me since day 1. :wink:

If you can't login, google the code you get. I'm sure that should bring up some results.. or if you still have the old installation file, reinstalling might help. I wouldn't advice you to download the hideous new one though that might fix the problem.

For my friend, said "update: running regsvr32 softpub.dll fixed it "
I have no idea what they did exactly, but apparently doing that helped.

Start > Run > regsvr32 softpub.dll

I did that an upgraded to new version and updated new windows updates as well. Noticed a 'Windows Sign-in Assistant' or something was installed.

Restarted after all that an everything works fine now!

Thanks brighteststar and galeongirl.

I dont mind the new version. The sound effects are cooler. :reject:

Ok, time to get use to new sounds. Has Eno done anything new for computer companies lately?:wink:

Start > Run > regsvr32 softpub.dll

I did that an upgraded to new version and updated new windows updates as well. Noticed a 'Windows Sign-in Assistant' or something was installed.

Restarted after all that an everything works fine now!

Thanks brighteststar and galeongirl.

Ditto..:up:
I've noticed a few problems with Live not loading the email page lately, when at home. I just thought the difference was my computer. Maybe I'll run this and see if it improves. I really like having the IM and Live Mail at home and I use it all day long at work.

I'm afraid to install the new version :uhoh: I like mine just the way it is, thankyaverymuch, and I use it to talk to pretty much everyone.

I'm afraid to install the new version :uhoh: I like mine just the way it is, thankyaverymuch, and I use it to talk to pretty much everyone.

Don't install it then. :no: It's hideous.

Even though I'm already used to it after having it for a week. But it's still ugly!

:crack: And I wish there was an option to get a 'light' version of msn. Cause I do not need all those funky sounds and other extra bullshit, I just want my custom emoticons and different fonts and that's enough. :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom