widgets on the dashboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine has whatever it came with: time, weather, date, and calculator. Boring, eh?

I never use it b/c I keep any scripts/stickers/widgets I need on my homepage (either a Google homepage, which has hundreds of little widgety choices, or something I code myself) so it's available regardless of what computer I'm using.

Depends on what you want. I never downloaded any b/c the ones on my homepage are part of the page's code and the Google ones you make by just choosing the ones you want it to display.

The homepage I use on all my computers is basically all the links I go to in a day, plus all the weather stickers relevant to me (GR, Chicago, Naples FL, and Gulf Shores AL) and my school/work's live webcam b/c I don't have a window.

http://www.dutchbingo.net/home.htm (It's pretty boring at the moment)

My Google homepage (which I don't use anymore) had a Gmail feed, some links I entered, some games I like (Color Junction and Bejeweled), a calendar, these eyes that follow the mouse cursor, a calculator, IMDB, wikipedia, and news feeds from BBC and NYT. Basically, you can choose from various news feeds, games, jokes, streaming video feed from YouTube (like sports highlights), and all the regular stuff.

I don't know if they are the same types of widgets Dashboard uses, but a "widget" is a pretty generic term for these little apps, not unique to Mac. In fact, my co-workers used widgets on their computers long before OS X. The word itself usually refers to a single unit of some kind of simple machine.

You can also get widgets from Yahoo, but I don't go near Yahoo with a cyber ten foot pole!

a lot!!! so much that I can't use all of them in the space I have in my PB but my favs are wikipedia, the iPhone that displays Apple News & iTunes RSS, my own blog's widget, iStat Pro, Free Text messages from CallWave, chronoTrack, calendar & whoopee(yes it is what you think it is), among others, :)
-FCA

The ones I mainly use are the calculator, weather widget, iTunes artwork, miniStat2, Transmit widget, and Screenshot Plus.

:nerd:

dashboard.jpg

redhotswami said:
^ :lmao: chuck norris bites frost. ahahahahhahaa.

i have to say, sometimes i'd flip to Walker, Texas Ranger, and watch for about 30 seconds, and afterwards was roaring with laughter.

Did you ever watch Conan O’Brien? He has a "Walker Texas Ranger" handle which he pulls and you get a clip from the show... It's bizarre but extremely funny, there was one scene with a jet pack I almost died!

elevated_u2_fan said:

Did you ever watch Conan O’Brien? He has a "Walker Texas Ranger" handle which he pulls and you get a clip from the show... It's bizarre but extremely funny, there was one scene with a jet pack I almost died!

:love: I didn't see that one! Conan and I are soulmates. Too bad he doesn't know.

Back
Top Bottom