WideScreen YouTube now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd much rather have them make uploaded videos in better quality than this widescreen stuff. I hate that my videos are so clean and crisp on my computer and then once they go to youtube they look like crap. Plus the widescreen seems pretty pointless for already uploaded videos.

I'd much rather have them make uploaded videos in better quality than this widescreen stuff. I hate that my videos are so clean and crisp on my computer and then once they go to youtube they look like crap. Plus the widescreen seems pretty pointless for already uploaded videos.

I switched to Vimeo, I'm not sure if it is actually better, but it looks better to me. Or maybe my newer digital camera rendered better....

Vimeo has a higher bitrate and supports high-def. 16:9 camcorders are more popular, so it makes sense I guess.

I dig the widescreen, but like Sicy said, it would be better if they allowed higher quality videos to make it.

I dig the widescreen, but like Sicy said, it would be better if they allowed higher quality videos to make it.

Their upload size per video seems to be 1GB, so that's more than it was before. They also have the "watch in high quality" link and high-def versions of several videos on there - a nice new feature.

How do you get the videos to use up the whole screen? Mine just have black bars on the sides. :lame:

Their upload size per video seems to be 1GB, so that's more than it was before. They also have the "watch in high quality" link and high-def versions of several videos on there - a nice new feature.

Yeah, I've used that, but it still doesn't amount to that much.

How do you get the videos to use up the whole screen? Mine just have black bars on the sides. :lame:

It's better to keep the black bars anyway... that wide-stretch is retarded.

Anyone else now get the Australian version of youtube? Ever since the widescreen update, whenever I simply type "youtube.com," it takes me to the Aussie version. :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom