While you are sleeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

State of your comp at night?

• Leave it on

Votes: 25 43.9%
  • Stand by

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Turn it off

Votes: 21 36.8%

• Total voters

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I'm interested to know if you guys turn off your comp, put it on 'stand by' or leave it on all night forever and ever.

I put mine on stand by cos if I leave it on, I can kinda hear it and can't sleep.

I voted turn it off, but then I re-read the question and I actually usually have it on all night, but I turn it off in the morning when I go to bed. :wink:

I leave the computer on....but humming never bothers me cause my bedroom is a good distance away from the kitchen....and I have two noisy cats too....I mean sometimes. Overall I have a quiet computer...which I'm also thankfull for :wink:

(My parents leaving their radios on annoys me to no end cause they like to leave it on when I'm trying to get some sleep :mad: Yea...my bedroom is right next to theirs :sigh: )

I turn mine off. I figure since I won't be using while I'm asleep I might as well save whatever few cents of electricity it would take to be on standby all night.

I used to turn mine off. But I read somewhere that computers actually consume more electricity during the booting process. That's why I put mine on stand by now. Not really sure which is the most economical option.

Sometimes I leave it on... if I have programs that I need updated but don't really want to run them during the day I'll leave it on, but otherwise I usually turn it off.

Does anyone know if leaving a laptop on overnight is healthy? Or is it the same as leaving a desktop computer on?

Mine is on all the time. I just turn the monitor off.
I thought I heard that its not good to turn your comp on and off all the time.

I almost clicked leave it on, but now I've got a laptop so I do the same thing as what everyone's said, close it so it goes to sleep

I usually leave them both on, but turn the monitor off. On the weekend, I might turn one of them off til I need to use it again, usually Sunday night. And my Norton program scans on Friday evenings, so...

I leave it on. Ernie used to nag me about it because of the wasted electricity, but I think he's just given up. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom