which internet browser do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Firefox, but I have IE installed for my boyfriend to use, so everytime he logs in here or somewhere else, it doesn't log me out.

u2forlife said:
What makes Firefox the internet browser of choice for Interferencers? Could you tell me some of the advantages? Thanks!

The link provided by The Rockin' Edge goes to a page where they mention some of the advantages of using Firefox. My three arguments mentioned on that page for preferring Firefox are:

- Tabbed Browsing
Use tabbed browsing to open multiple Web pages in a single browser window, and quickly flip back and forth. Drag and drop open tabs to keep related pages together.

- Improved Pop-up Blocking
Firefox’s built-in pop-up blocker has been enhanced to block more unwanted pop-up and pop-under ads.

- Stronger Security
Firefox keeps you secure when you’re browsing the Web, closing the door on spyware, worms, and viruses. The Firefox community of developers and security experts works around the clock to monitor security issues and release updates to better protect you.

Plus, apart from blocking pop-ups, it's also very easy in Firefox to block those annoying ads (not just the pop-ups, but the advertiment images on some websites).

:up:

plus firefox just seems to run a lot faster for me than IE did

i made the change recently and am very happy i did

the rockin edge said:
internet explorer, firefox, somehting else?

I've been using firefox for a while now, love it :up: haven't used internet explorer for ages :barf: :down:

what does everyone else use?

You're trying to get me to switch aren't you tre ? :tsk:

still IE unfortunately. I haven't had the time to switch over. :|
I've been wanting to get Firefox for the past few months but never seem to remember to change.

maybe this thread is a sign for me to switch over immediately :hmm:

Popmartijn said:
The link provided by The Rockin' Edge goes to a page where they mention some of the advantages of using Firefox. My three arguments mentioned on that page for preferring Firefox are:

- Tabbed Browsing
Use tabbed browsing to open multiple Web pages in a single browser window, and quickly flip back and forth. Drag and drop open tabs to keep related pages together.

- Improved Pop-up Blocking
Firefox’s built-in pop-up blocker has been enhanced to block more unwanted pop-up and pop-under ads.

- Stronger Security
Firefox keeps you secure when you’re browsing the Web, closing the door on spyware, worms, and viruses. The Firefox community of developers and security experts works around the clock to monitor security issues and release updates to better protect you.

Plus, apart from blocking pop-ups, it's also very easy in Firefox to block those annoying ads (not just the pop-ups, but the advertiment images on some websites).

:up:
Firefox :love:

Love the tabbed browsing feature :drool:

youtooellen said:
still IE unfortunately. I haven't had the time to switch over. :|
I've been wanting to get Firefox for the past few months but never seem to remember to change.

Well, the basic Firefox download is a great start. It has so many more features than Internet Explorer, but of course they're there only if you want to use them.

The real appeal of Firefox is Extensions. Extensions are basically little plugins for the program developed by people to make browsing the internet easier and more convenient. For instance, here are some of the Firefox Extensions I use:

ScrapBook - Adds a button to your Firefox toolbar that allows you to save entire web pages offline for later viewing, i use it as a temporary bookmark area, for stuff I need to find later but won't use much after that

Yahoo! Mail Notifier - Gives you a nice envelope button on your toolbar, you can set it to check your Yahoo mail account for new mail at regular intervals...when you have new mail there'll be a little indicator

Mouse Gestures - this extension allows you to assign certain functions (like going back a page, opening a new tab, etc) to a wave of the mouse...

This is easily one of the most useful and powerful ones. For instance, when browsing a webpage and wanting to go back a page, all I do is hold my right mouse button and wave the mouse to the left, and voila. Very intuitive!

Image Zoom - Hold the right mouse button over any web image and move the mouse wheel up or down to enlarge/decrease the size of the picture

There are many more out there at https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/?application=firefox

Wow guys, thanks for this thread. I just downloaded firefox and now I'm gonna try it out for a while. I usually use IE, but this is quite nice. The window tabbing feature is quite nice indeed.

Re: Re: which internet browser do you use?

^congrats on switching Lancemc :up:

redkat said:

You're trying to get me to switch aren't you tre ? :tsk:

:yes:

come on it's so much better here, join us Kathie :up:

you know you want to :sexywink:

KhanadaRhodes said:
i use safari

it's got some similarities to firefox, which i'll never use

i used safari for a while, it's ok but it had far too few features for my liking

youtooellen said:

:yes: yep :D

I'm glad to see so many of you guys use firefox :up::drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom