which internet browser do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
typhoon said:

The neat thing is that you can open links in new tabs by middle-clicking them (or ctrl+clicking them; you can also middle-click bookmarks or even the back and forward buttons to open things in new tabs).

So you can visit a forum and middle-click all the topics that interest you and have them all load in the background while you get to them one at a time. It also simplifies window management since you can resize, minimize, whatever a single window instead of all of them. It really grows on you once you get used to it.

About the textboxes: Firefox 1.5 has a new feature where you can create domain-specific style rules. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\<random string>.default\chrome\ and create a file called usercontent.css. Then you can add something like...
Code:
@-moz-document domain(forum.interference.com) {
	textarea
	{height: 20em; width: 50em;}
}
...which'll make your text boxes pretty big.

GAH! It didn't work. My paths don't go in that order. I don't have Application Data coming up in mine.

Poo!

Hey about the text box size, how do you create a file? Or you mean a folder? :confused: for usercontent.css? And how do you add the code? :lost:

I haven't tried it but I think you need to go to the directory that typhoon specified and create an empty text file in, for instance, notepad called usercontent.css, copy/paste the code that typhoon wrote into this file and save it in this directory.

wenda said:
GAH! It didn't work. My paths don't go in that order. I don't have Application Data coming up in mine.
Yeah, it's hidden by default. Try typing it into the address bar or showing hidden files in Tools|Folder Options|View.
Sicy said:
Hmm I did that. :slant:
Should work after you restart Firefox.

Oh yeah, that's right. You need to restart firefox first.

Happy New Year Sicy, typhoon & everybody else!!! :D

Nope. :sad:

Here's what I got. I really just want to make the box wider. Not necessarily taller.

usercontent.jpg

usercontent2.jpg

Maybe the file should be userContent.css?

Windows shouldn't be case-sensitive, but Unix/Linux is. Not sure how Mozilla handles this in Windows.

Hmm.

Just tried it. It worked fine for me, too :shrug: (thanks typhoon :up: )

Sicy, are you sure you copy/pasted the entire code? Including the little bracket at the end?

Ok, I just installed firefox at work and I cant go to extensions or even hotmail.com, I get the message that "SSL is disabled" ???????????

Anyone??

Right, I'm really addicted to Firefox now. I can't imagine life before Ctrl+T.

She recently downloaded it (I think), so I guess it must be the newest version.

I don't want to open another thread but am hoping enuf people read this to give a reccy on a wireless router.

I just started working from home and my I have vpn client on my laptop. I tried using a Hawking wireless router but could never get it to work properly with the laptop (reg pc w/no vpn was fine). What would a better router be? I need one with good support cos my work doesn't have any for setting up wireless, even though it can be done. help and advice please - :confused:

....and about the benefit of tabs.....I don't think anyone mentioned that they'll save you a lot of memory, too....

Back
Top Bottom