which internet browser do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I, like every other sensible being, use Firefox, although I enjoyed Safari for a long time. Some good extensions I'm using are:

FlashGot - Great downloading app. Works with third-party downloaders.

Fasterfox - Makes everything faster - and has a cool timer thing on the bottom right of the screen.

Tab X - Adds a close button to each of the browser tabs - this is a MUST HAVE extension. at least try it out, this is the way tabs should be.

Yeah Firefox!!!
me too...good to be on the right side
at least once in life...:wink:
(hey I'm jokin' ok? I'm not depressed or anything...no, not even depissed...:ohmy: )

I'm converted :rolleyes:

I :heart: firefox: everyonce in a while I accidentally open IE and can't close it fast enough.

My odd computer problems seem to be solved for now :D

I just started using Firefox today. I feel like switching back to IE. :(

Instead of making my internet run faster, it appears to make it run slower. And the coding of some sites (Interference, for instance) doesn't appear to work all that well with it. The reply box is tiny now! :sad:

Originally posted by learn2kneel

Tab X - Adds a close button to each of the browser tabs - this is a MUST HAVE extension. at least try it out, this is the way tabs should be.

Thanks for the tip! That is sooo much better.

Ohhhh smilie extensions
bailasss.gif

learn2kneel said:
I, like every other sensible being, use Firefox, although I enjoyed Safari for a long time. Some good extensions I'm using are:

FlashGot - Great downloading app. Works with third-party downloaders.

Fasterfox - Makes everything faster - and has a cool timer thing on the bottom right of the screen.

Tab X sounds nice, but, you know you can close a tab by middle-clicking on it right? :hide:

Sicy said:
I dont really understand how tabs are any different than just clicking different browser windows, you are still clicking on something to get to a different window.
The neat thing is that you can open links in new tabs by middle-clicking them (or ctrl+clicking them; you can also middle-click bookmarks or even the back and forward buttons to open things in new tabs).

So you can visit a forum and middle-click all the topics that interest you and have them all load in the background while you get to them one at a time. It also simplifies window management since you can resize, minimize, whatever a single window instead of all of them. It really grows on you once you get used to it.

About the textboxes: Firefox 1.5 has a new feature where you can create domain-specific style rules. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\<random string>.default\chrome\ and create a file called usercontent.css. Then you can add something like...
Code:
@-moz-document domain(forum.interference.com) {
	textarea
	{height: 20em; width: 50em;}
}
...which'll make your text boxes pretty big.

Last edited:
typhoon said:

The neat thing is that you can open links in new tabs by middle-clicking them (or ctrl+clicking them; you can also middle-click bookmarks or even the back and forward buttons to open things in new tabs).

So you can visit a forum and middle-click all the topics that interest you and have them all load in the background while you get to them one at a time. It also simplifies window management since you can resize, minimize, whatever a single window instead of all of them. It really grows on you once you get used to it.

About the textboxes: Firefox 1.5 has a new feature where you can create domain-specific style rules. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\profiles\<random string>.default\chrome\ and create a file called usercontent.css. Then you can add something like...
Code:
	textarea
}

Oohhh, I'll have to try that when I get home. Thanks! :rockon:

typhoon said:

Code:
	textarea
}

sounds awesome, any idea how to do that on a mac?

Same deal, except you create the file in ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/chrome.

typhoon said:
Same deal, except you create the file in ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/chrome.
That's jawsome....gotta love FF 1.5 and especially Greasemonkey :drool:

Greasemonkey :drool:

I use Safari. It took me along time to let go of IE, but it was worth it. I'm sure in a few years I will be ready to make the Firefox switch.

Back
Top Bottom