what's with 'google' redirecting everything to friggin ebay?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laurel Hill

The Fly
Even my dog has gone commercial. I can't look anything up on google anymore without being redirected to ebay or some other sales type service. It's stupid though, I ended up with ridiculous things like 'search ebay for CHESTNUT TREE BLIGHT' or, 'search JC Penney catalog for GRAND DUCHESS OLGA ALEXANDROVNA, 1882-1960,' and 'searching the best stores on the web for "CHILD ABDUCTION EMERGENCY ALERT":| :sigh:

It would be hilarious if it weren't so frustrating and annoying, since you usually can't go 'back' to the previous screen to get rid of this, you have to start over. Then it only happens again. I can't even click on a wikipedia link without it dragging me to ebay. :banghead:

Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to avoid it?

I've seen some spyware that takes over Google searches. I haven't seen it in a while, and I only dealt with two cases, so I never really researched it. All I know was these two cases were a real bitch. No matter how many spyware scans I ran in safe mode (using several of the best products), it would still happen. I think I ended up reinstalling the internet browsers.

This may be what's happening to you.

I have seen eBay results in Google before, but it's never been extensive, and usually they show up when it's something I'd actually be interested in checking out on eBay.

Congratulations, you've got a virus!

Seriously, though, make sure your definitions are up to date and run a virus scan. That's most likely what it sounds like.

I had a virus on my old computer that routed me to a bank's website everytime I tried to go to google.

before people start freaking you out about viruses is this what you're talking about?

google.jpg

No, that's not what she meant.

She's entering search terms into Google and instead of being taken to the search results page she's getting redirected to Ebay. I think stammer476's right on it being some sort of virus.

Shouldn't this be in the tech forum? :hmm:

^^
I've always had that stuff over to the side, but now it takes over the search and actually sends me to an ebay page, or the other pages, instead of what I clicked on. I bet I do have a virus, my computer is very slow and won't load entire message boards (this one is okay but all the other ones I go to do it)

What can I do about the virus? Is adaware enough, or do I need a real virus program? I sure hope I don't have to reinstall my browsers but I'll do whatever it takes. Thanks.

Laurel Hill said:
^^
I've always had that stuff over to the side, but now it takes over the search and actually sends me to an ebay page, or the other pages, instead of what I clicked on. I bet I do have a virus, my computer is very slow and won't load entire message boards (this one is okay but all the other ones I go to do it)

What can I do about the virus? Is adaware enough, or do I need a real virus program? I sure hope I don't have to reinstall my browsers but I'll do whatever it takes. Thanks.

You gotta have a good AV program and good antispyware program.

Hey, if you click to the next page/page 2 of the search results, do "norma" results show up?

Back
Top Bottom