What's the best Comp. recording soft?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoVOX40

Babyface
What's your guys' opinion on what the best recording software is? I personally use LIVE 6-best i've used so far but i've only used really that and cakewalk exclusively. I do wana try garage band...heard wonderful things, any other suggestions on software I should pira...buy?

HHmm...I think that's largely relative to your computer setup, what interface you're running your signals into (I have a TC Konnekt, which I couldn't possibly recommend more highly, it's so fucking great and consistent!) and how complex you want to get with it. Previous to getting the Konnekt I had always loved plain ol Cool Edit Pro and Garageband on the iBook when I was mobile,but they are fairly lightweight in terms of more pro plugins etc. But they are great for what they are, CE Pro has got to be the easiest thing to use ever for basic editing and looping but if you've already become accustomed to the higher end ones like Live or cakewalk then it might seem like a step backwards...altho I dunno, I forget who bought out CE Pro but it was one of the big names, and they bought it out cause at the time it was makiing the "pro" apps embarrassed imo! :)

When I got the TC it came bundled with Cubase SE, and then I moved on to SX3, which I'm really growing to like. It's got a few quirks but overall its really good.

I think it's mostly personal preference though, you'll find an equal number of enthusiasts/pros who would swear by the one they use :)

Back
Top Bottom