What's in your System Tray?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
easter_basket_300x193.jpg

grumpyhug.gif

You know what, Sicy? I think you're just trying to confuse us. :angry: I'm going to log in tomorrow and find that the Interference Graveyard has been moved back to the bottom of the main page. Aren't I? :angry:

Hah dont give me any more ideas
grumpyangel.gif

I'm trying to save it from being a Graveyard!

It was already hard enough to make all those Easter Eggs :mad:

Well here's the system tray on my home comp.

system2.jpg

Outlook email
Yahoo
Msn
Sound effects
Volume
HP digital imaging monitor
Safely remove hardware (why? why is this here all the time on both comps why :mad:)
Norton auto-protect
Norton protection center

Sicy said:

Safely remove hardware (why? why is this here all the time on both comps why :mad:)

It means you have some external storage device plugged into the computer. You use that function to "stop" it before removing it. Technically, just pulling out a USB drive, external hard drive, digicam, etc is bad for it.

I'm surprised so many people are willing to put up with Norton.

:shudder:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

It means you have some external storage device plugged into the computer. You use that function to "stop" it before removing it. Technically, just pulling out a USB drive, external hard drive, digicam, etc is bad for it.

How come I dont see anyone else with that icon?

Sicy said:

How come I dont see anyone else with that icon?

I have it, and lots of people in this thread do too, it just looks slightly different on each computer.

trayqd1.jpg

Remove hardware - My router is plugged into a USB port in the back
Volume Control - My speakers don't work so no need for this :madspit:
Norton AntiVirus Something or Other
Some Windows Update thing that wont go away even after I updated the computer :huh:
Msn messenger

dock.bmp.jpg

INTERNET EXPLORER
MICROSOFT OFFICE PROFFESIONAL
MSN
AMUST REGISTRY CLEANER
CLEAN UP!
AVG 7.1
ADAWARE
EASY CLEANER
MP3 TAG
CCLEANER
TWEAKUI
SPYBOT
INTERVIDEO
WINAMP
NERO
DVD SANTA
DBPOWER
FLAC
WINAVI VIDEO CONVERTER
IMTOO DVD RIPPER
MKW AUDIO COMPRESSION TOOL
UPTORRENT
COREL PAINT SHOP PRO
TORRENT STORM
EPSOM SMART PANEL
MICROSOFT WORD
WINAMP (GAWD KNOWS WHY I HAVE IT TWICE???)

I think those are actually your Quick Launch, not the system tray. The system tray is the one over on the right. I can see Messenger and Zone Alarm in your picture.

Symantec/Norton > McAfee.

McAfee pisses me off. My mom recently got a new computer, and it came preloaded with McAfee. I had to do some preliminary setup stuff for her and within two minutes after turning the computer on for the first time, McAfee was in my face telling me how I should always be on the lookout for viruses and how my definitions should always be up-to-date and how I could just sit back and let it to do all the work(I suppose it doesn't consider clicking 'ok' on the 10 messages per hour it pops up to be work), and just generally treating me like an idiot. So I uninstalled all McAfee stuff and installed Norton Systemworks on her computer. It's just better. It doesn't have a heart attack every time anything remotely resembling a virus is detected, but it does its job - proving dependable security for the computer - well. Also, Systemworks was on her previous computer and is what she's used to.

JMO.

I don't like McAfee either. With Symantec, you can use any computer to access their site and download a virus definition file. I could find no such thing with McAfee, it was almost TOO user-friendly. All it had was "update" buttons within the program, but if you've got a virus and can no longer access the Internet, you're screwed. with Symantec, you save the def. file and run it and voila! you're all set.

mistress bono said:
dock.bmp.jpg

AMUST REGISTRY CLEANER
CLEAN UP!
EASY CLEANER
CCLEANER
TWEAKUI

And your system still runs?
icon15.gif

And why do you have two different programmes for nearly everything?

Last edited:
Vincent Vega said:

And your system still runs?
icon15.gif

And why do you have two different programmes for nearly everything?

Not everyone can be a power user.
Power users for the win, woo woo. :dance:

I just wonder because normally Windows crashes when there are so many cleaners and tweaks running. Most times it's rather the crappy software that "tweaks" things that shouldn't be changed or cleaners that clean too good.

Vincent Vega said:
I just wonder because normally Windows crashes when there are so many cleaners and tweaks running. Most times it's rather the crappy software that "tweaks" things that shouldn't be changed or cleaners that clean too good.

Yeah, there's really no reason for any of that stuff.

I used the "tweak" thing once to customize my desktop but it was such a memory hog, it wasn't worth it.

Canadiens1160 said:
[
Mac users, you can post, uh, whatever's in your 'Apple Bubble', 'Aqua Intake', 'Program Sphere', or whatever they call the shiny, reflective place where your shit goes.

:happy:

Fine I will!

Picture-28.jpg

tray.jpg

MSN Messenger
Epson Printer icon
Bluetooth Devices
AntiVir free antivirus app
Volume icon
Remove Safely Devices

taskbar.jpg

il play:hyper:

windows live messenger
itunes
areslite (p2p)
"tesco.net broadband is now connected" lol
remove hardware
norton
"launch manager" for the laptop (the hotkeys i think:huh: )
wireless network unavailable
LAN unavailable
quicktime
bluetooth device
speedtouch adsl modem
volume
on ac power
jobby to spilt the screen on the laptop
sound effects
laptop is on max performance
touchpad
it is 1:30pm

I have TrenMicro Pc-Illin ( I hate McAffe and I dont like Norton even though I am being contracted out by them)

itunes, limewire quicktime.

Back
Top Bottom