What the heck is wrong with my camera?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~BrightestStar~

Blue Crack Supplier
Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikea
So this isn't exactly computer related, but I figured you techy folks may know best.

So I have a canon powershot A95....yes it is old, but up until recently I have never had a single issue with it. I was recently told that my model was/is involved in a recall that has something to do with some image sensor? But, if you send your camera in and that isn't the issue, you may end up with quite a hefty bill.

Long story short, fairly recently lines starting showing up on the lcd screen and the colours started going wacky..mostly white turning pink. No matter what settings I used. It got progressively worse. At first I thought the lcd was going...until my pictures looked exactly the same. :slant:

Anyway, attached here is a sample picture (acid trip much?)

I was just wondering if anyone could confirm if it looks like my issues correlate with the recall problem...or whether it's likely something else that has gone ka-put.

Thanks!

Recall notice:

It has come to our attention that the vendor-supplied CCD image sensor used in certain Canon digital cameras and digital video camcorders may cause the following malfunction: When the product is used in recording or playback mode, the LCD screen and/or electronic viewfinder may exhibit either a distorted image or no image at all. While reports of this malfunction have been rare in the United States, we have determined that it may occur if the product is exposed to hot and humid environments.

Malfunction:
It has been confirmed that the connecting parts of the internal wiring of the CCD used in affected products may become disconnected, especially if the affected products are stored or used in high-temperature and high-humidity environments. If this occurs, the signal is not output from the CCD normally in Shooting Mode, which may cause a distorted image or the absence of an image. This malfunction can be confirmed on the LCD monitor screen during shooting. The same malfunction also appears on the recorded image.

Attachments

• IMG_2967.jpg
    IMG_2967.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 44
Sounds that way. Either send it in or buy a new camera. They're pretty cheap these days.

Back
Top Bottom