What is the best way to expand my hard disk size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I have a Dell desktop I bought in 2003. It came with only 30GB which is almost completely full. How do I expand? Thing is I have 2 drives and no more open slots in my tower. Maybe I should get an externally connected hard disk? :help:

well you can use Windows utility Disk Cleanup...that could free up some space.
or you can also use the Disk Defrag (Start –> Programs –> Accessories –> System Tools –> Disk Defragmenter)

but your best bet is to get an external hard disk :shrug:

or throw out one of your old internal disks and buy a new one.

much less trouble if you just buy an external, though. mind you, it will be slower than an internal.

xaviMF22 said:
well you can use Windows utility Disk Cleanup...that could free up some space.
or you can also use the Disk Defrag (Start –> Programs –> Accessories –> System Tools –> Disk Defragmenter)

Yeah I use both of those every now and then. :wink:

See, I have 2 drives.. one is dvd/cd-r and the other is cd-rw. I guess I could remove the dvd drive and just watch dvds on my dvd player. That way I could use that slot for a new hard drive, right? :hmm:

If that fails, I could always plug in an external one.

solution: plug in an external hd.

all the other stuff is not worth the hassle.

/thread

xaviMF22 said:

External Hardisk FTW.

FTW :lol: I love that acronym!

Thanks guys for your help! :hug: Now I need to shop for an external drive. About 50GB maybe? :hmm: Wonder how much they cost..

Wow that's a lot of freakin hard disk! I'm looking at Circuit City online myself right now. Nothing is less than 80 bucks! :lol: I don't wanna throw too much money on this either!

And I'm not going for anything with mail in rebate! Circuit City owes me a $30 rebate they promised when I bought my flat screen Samsung monitor back in sept or oct 06. :mad:

Zootlesque said:
Wow that's a lot of freakin hard disk! I'm looking at Circuit City online myself right now. Nothing is less than 80 bucks! :lol: I don't wanna throw too much money on this either!

And I'm not going for anything with mail in rebate! Circuit City owes me a $30 rebate they promised when I bought my flat screen Samsung monitor back in sept or oct 06. :mad:

cheapskate :wink:

I've got a 160gb Seagate external that I've used about 90-95gb on already...and I got it for my birthday in October :ohmy: But, it's really used for backing up my iTunes library (21gb) and all of the torrents I download go on there...you'd be surprised how fast it goes away.

Enjoy it Zoots! Soooooo much space to do whatever you want with it :wink:

Another suggestion, if I may (not just for Zootles):

1. Buy a smaller external drive (say 50-60 gb) and copy over all files to it

2. Buy a larger internal drive (200 + gb) and replace your old one

Internal drives are always quite a bit cheaper than external ones and then you still have the external drive for back-up purposes after the fact...

Back
Top Bottom