What hp laptop to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

officeman120

The Fly
I've been thinking of getting a new laptop for a long time, just don't know where to go and don't have any good deal. Yesterday my friend told me a coupon: $500 off $1399 on hp laptops, HP is good brand and I am going to get one there, what's a good model for general use, preferable a small and light one.

They have so many models, and they change so fast! I have a dv2050us and it definitely fits "general use" and "small and light". It's a 14.1" but it's widescreen, so it's small. I LOVE it. I got it on a whim b/c it was on sale. I was planning to get a new comp, but hadn't really picked a brand or model. It has everything I need and nothing I don't (well, except maybe Lightscribe, haven't ever used that). The small size is not a big deal for me, I prefer the portability. If I need more work space I can always use an external monitor.

Lots of my friends have the DV2840SE and they like it. The only problem that I am aware of is that 2 of them had issues with pixels (over a period of time) but overall seems to function quite well.

I don't buy laptops larger than 13.3" in screen size and I've never seen super compact HPs so that's why I haven't used one.

anitram said:
Lots of my friends have the DV2840SE and they like it. The only problem that I am aware of is that 2 of them had issues with pixels (over a period of time) but overall seems to function quite well.

I don't buy laptops larger than 13.3" in screen size and I've never seen super compact HPs so that's why I haven't used one.

Yep, I have a pixel problem right now, however I'm pretty rough with my machine (I take it everywhere and probably am not as careful as I should be). I'll have it fixed under warranty as soon as I get around to it (which will probably be 2 years when I'm ready to sell it)...

HP does make a 12.1" widescreen. Real light, real thin, does that thing where you can flip it around and draw on it. I think there's a business model and one of the entertainment models. I've seen the entertainment one in person and am looking at the business model online.

Yeah, actually I think I have seen the tablet-sort. But they generally don't have the market cornered in this area - it was really dominated by Sony and Toshiba for a long time, but now they have some nice LGs in 13.3". Actually the models I really liked were Fujitsus that were owned by the Japanese exchange students, unfortunately they are not available here - we get expensive, clunky Fujitsus and they're not even that well known.

Haha no kidding! The Japanese kids here have the coolest stuff! It's a pain in the ass to troubleshoot b/c it's all in Japanese characters and I don't know where everything is, but it's fun to play with.

Back
Top Bottom