Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:51 PM
What do I do about damn myspace?!

Okay so a few months ago I tried logging into my myspace, and it kept saying 'profile has been deleted.' I was really, really annoyed but after a few days made a new profile (with the same email address and password.)
Then, mysteriously, the old account started appearing again - it's there (www. myspace.com/ emzivox), and it shows up on my friends comments and stuff.
So I just deleted the newer account, in the hope that when I login with the same email address and password it would login to the old account.
But now it comes up saying no such account exists! But the other account is there! And I have to do something about it, because the display picture is really embarrising and if anyone ever searches for me that profile comes up.
...So I contacted myspace, but they only let you submit questions or whatever if you have a myspace account. And obviously, I don't now so it wouldn't accept the query!

ARGHHH!

Has anyone got any ideas about what I can do?

Old 05-12-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:51 AM
Lol, can you post the embarrassing profile pic? Why is it embarrassing?

Old 05-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
Galeonbroad

make a new myspace and report it? or let a friend email them?
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:30 PM   #4
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy
Lol, can you post the embarrassing profile pic? Why is it embarrassing?
Because it's me drunk at a party, holding a wine bottle (..that I stole from the fridge and to this day my mum still thinks my cousin took), and it's got a random boy in it who I don't know. But I do know he's got a terrifying girlfriend

I made a new myspace, and then emailed myspace. They sent me a real fob off reply along the lines of 'make sure you're using the right email and password...' argh.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

are you able to post on the myspace.com forums?
maybe you could ask the question there in the myspace discussion section?

edit: there's also this, in the FAQ,

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...=1&Question=10

towards the bottom of the page there's another link for tech support that you could try, i don't know if that's the one you used before or not.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:09 PM   #6
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by ABEL
are you able to post on the myspace.com forums?
maybe you could ask the question there in the myspace discussion section?

edit: there's also this, in the FAQ,

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...=1&Question=10

towards the bottom of the page there's another link for tech support that you could try, i don't know if that's the one you used before or not.
Thanks for that but yep, that was the email I used last time - and because your myspace login is required to email them (and I can't get onto that account anymore) they just reply with 'email could not be recognized' or whatever.
I emailed that tech support link off my friends account too, and they just replied with a real fob off 'check you are using the correct password...' email.
So I'm still none the wiser
Old 05-15-2008, 07:43 AM   #7
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

have you tried deleting the cookies from your computer and maybe try using a different browser?
Old 05-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #8
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:51 AM
Yknow that is so weird because I had made a second myspace account before just to 'practice' on.. and one day I tried to log in and it was telling me the same thing it tells you!! So I figured myspace deleted it or something, yet I still get email notifications for that space yet I cant log in
Old 05-16-2008, 10:01 AM   #9
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Yknow that is so weird because I had made a second myspace account before just to 'practice' on.. and one day I tried to log in and it was telling me the same thing it tells you!! So I figured myspace deleted it or something, yet I still get email notifications for that space yet I cant log in
WTF?! I wouldn't mind so much if it the account was deleted, but it's still there only I can't log on! Can you stil see the profile for the account that doesn't work Sicy?

And yep just tried using firefox ABEL, and still no luck. And I clear my cookies every other week, and this hasn't been working for a few months now
Old 05-21-2008, 02:16 AM   #10
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:51 PM
Re: What do I do about damn myspace?!

Quote:
Originally posted by partygirlvox
Okay so a few months ago I tried logging into my myspace, and it kept saying 'profile has been deleted.' I was really, really annoyed but after a few days made a new profile (with the same email address and password.)
Then, mysteriously, the old account started appearing again - it's there (www. myspace.com/ emzivox), and it shows up on my friends comments and stuff.
So I just deleted the newer account, in the hope that when I login with the same email address and password it would login to the old account.
But now it comes up saying no such account exists! But the other account is there! And I have to do something about it, because the display picture is really embarrising and if anyone ever searches for me that profile comes up.
...So I contacted myspace, but they only let you submit questions or whatever if you have a myspace account. And obviously, I don't now so it wouldn't accept the query!

ARGHHH!

Has anyone got any ideas about what I can do?
Hey are you the same 'Party Girl' who was on Bonoonline?
Old 05-29-2008, 10:38 AM   #11
pgv
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcbiggs2002 View Post
Hey are you the same 'Party Girl' who was on Bonoonline?
I was on Bonoonline ages ago, but I think my user name was 'Partygirlvox' or it could have just been 'Party girl' ...I can't remember

Tags
myspace