What do I do about damn myspace?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgv

ONE love, blood, life
Okay so a few months ago I tried logging into my myspace, and it kept saying 'profile has been deleted.' I was really, really annoyed but after a few days made a new profile (with the same email address and password.)
Then, mysteriously, the old account started appearing again - it's there (www. myspace.com/ emzivox), and it shows up on my friends comments and stuff.
So I just deleted the newer account, in the hope that when I login with the same email address and password it would login to the old account.
But now it comes up saying no such account exists! But the other account is there! And I have to do something about it, because the display picture is really embarrising and if anyone ever searches for me that profile comes up.
...So I contacted myspace, but they only let you submit questions or whatever if you have a myspace account. And obviously, I don't now so it wouldn't accept the query!

ARGHHH!

Has anyone got any ideas about what I can do?

BrownEyedBoy said:
Lol, can you post the embarrassing profile pic? Why is it embarrassing? :wink:

Because it's me drunk at a party, holding a wine bottle (..that I stole from the fridge and to this day my mum still thinks my cousin took), and it's got a random boy in it who I don't know. But I do know he's got a terrifying girlfriend :|

I made a new myspace, and then emailed myspace. They sent me a real fob off reply along the lines of 'make sure you're using the right email and password...' argh.

are you able to post on the myspace.com forums?
maybe you could ask the question there in the myspace discussion section?

edit: there's also this, in the FAQ,

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=misc.faq&Category=1&Question=10

towards the bottom of the page there's another link for tech support that you could try, i don't know if that's the one you used before or not.

Last edited:
ABEL said:
are you able to post on the myspace.com forums?
maybe you could ask the question there in the myspace discussion section?

edit: there's also this, in the FAQ,

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=misc.faq&Category=1&Question=10

towards the bottom of the page there's another link for tech support that you could try, i don't know if that's the one you used before or not.

Thanks for that :up: but yep, that was the email I used last time - and because your myspace login is required to email them (and I can't get onto that account anymore) they just reply with 'email could not be recognized' or whatever.
I emailed that tech support link off my friends account too, and they just replied with a real fob off 'check you are using the correct password...' email.
So I'm still none the wiser :huh:

have you tried deleting the cookies from your computer and maybe try using a different browser?

Yknow that is so weird because I had made a second myspace account before just to 'practice' on.. and one day I tried to log in and it was telling me the same thing it tells you!! So I figured myspace deleted it or something, yet I still get email notifications for that space yet I cant log in :|

Sicy said:
Yknow that is so weird because I had made a second myspace account before just to 'practice' on.. and one day I tried to log in and it was telling me the same thing it tells you!! So I figured myspace deleted it or something, yet I still get email notifications for that space yet I cant log in :|

WTF?! I wouldn't mind so much if it the account was deleted, but it's still there only I can't log on! Can you stil see the profile for the account that doesn't work Sicy?

And yep just tried using firefox ABEL, and still no luck. And I clear my cookies every other week, and this hasn't been working for a few months now :mad:

partygirlvox said:
Okay so a few months ago I tried logging into my myspace, and it kept saying 'profile has been deleted.' I was really, really annoyed but after a few days made a new profile (with the same email address and password.)
Then, mysteriously, the old account started appearing again - it's there (www. myspace.com/ emzivox), and it shows up on my friends comments and stuff.
So I just deleted the newer account, in the hope that when I login with the same email address and password it would login to the old account.
But now it comes up saying no such account exists! But the other account is there! And I have to do something about it, because the display picture is really embarrising and if anyone ever searches for me that profile comes up.
...So I contacted myspace, but they only let you submit questions or whatever if you have a myspace account. And obviously, I don't now so it wouldn't accept the query!

ARGHHH!

Has anyone got any ideas about what I can do?

Hey are you the same 'Party Girl' who was on Bonoonline?

Hey are you the same 'Party Girl' who was on Bonoonline?

I was on Bonoonline ages ago, but I think my user name was 'Partygirlvox' or it could have just been 'Party girl' ...I can't remember :huh:

Back
Top Bottom