What comes with a new iPod?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
I have a new iPod here at work that someone donated for us to raffle off.

It's brand new, but without the box, so I can only assume I have all the pieces.

Can anyone let me know if there's anything missing?

I have:

*iPod, wrapped in plastic
*a thin little covering case
*a smallish manual for using the iPod
*a little packet containing the earbuds and the computer connector cord.

Also, I can't tell if it's a video iPod. I think it is because the screen is a little bigger. It's a 30GB, and the little booklet talks about uploading videos, but I didn't know if that info was included whether you had a video or not. On the other hand, maybe Apple isn't even making a full-sized iPod that's NOT video anymore.

If it's 30 gigs, then it's the last gen iPod (5th gen, possibly 5.5 gen if you can use the Search feature), but still video-capable.

Yeah, that's the basic set of things you get with a brand new iPod, so you should be all set.

Last edited:
It's missing the universal dock adapter...but that's not that important, it's not going to affect using the iPod or anything.

It would look similar to the thing I circled below:
nano_accessories.jpg

Okay, I can live with that. Thanks!

I just wanted to make sure I had full disclosure of what we were raffling off. :wink:

What doesn't come with a new one, if you have a mac, is the mac update they require to use it. My best friend just bought a new one and then had to shell out $125 for the mac OS upgrade. She wasn't pleased.

I told her for the 78th time that that's why I use PCs. She wasn't pleased about that either.

Back
Top Bottom