What about some earbuds that DON'T hurt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
athck9ct8.jpg

These are really comfortable,they fit in your ear and wont pop out like earbuds do,you find a sony pair at wal-mart for like 4 bucks dont know if you like these but try em out and see ;)

I have the same issue with the iPod ones. I even tried buying some really nice in-ear Shures, but those didn't work either. I finally gave up and bought some little Phillips over ear ones, and they're quite nice, great bass, etc. $20 from Target. Mine are white, but you get the idea.

51pbiZw5HjL._SS260_.jpg

I need to keep an eye on this thread. I've always hated ear buds and gave all mine away. I like phones with a head band and I like them to cover my ears (I have Sennheiser HD 205s). However, now that I've developed TMJ, it actually hurts to have those phones touching the area in front of my ears.

These are the best:

site_img_pa_se420_m.jpg

But it depends on your budget - Shure is an expensive, professional brand.

RedrocksU2 said:

When I've borrowed these :shifty: , they don't always stay in my ear. There are 3 sizes of that clear plastic thingy that you can change, coming in size small, medium, and large. I'll have to see what we have attached, and maybe adjust. They sound great though!

:kiss: (for Carlos)

It takes a couple of times to figure out how these will fit best. You have to "twist" them into the ear canal.
When I do cardio, they always stay in. :shrug:

Did you try the dif sizes?

anitram said:
These are the best:

site_img_pa_se420_m.jpg

But it depends on your budget - Shure is an expensive, professional brand.

They have a 99.99 dollar model which is great.

Yeah, it is, but then I know some people would never pay $100 for earbuds....

Yeah, I've tried the Shures, with both the small foam and both forms of small rubber things, and they would never stay in my ears.

If you have pretty small ears, your best bet is likely an over the ear model instead.

I would definitely consider investing in a good set of earphones, you will never go back to the stock apple earphones again.(I know I can't)

Bose is ok, just not for the money, it's all marketing.

Shure's, Westone, and I personally like Sennheiser !

I got my Griffin earphones on eBay real cheap! Even with shipping figured in they were under 10.00. I have BOSE headphones now too and they are Fan-tastic! I run and they don't fall out

martha said:

I went to Target to look at these today. I'm wondering about how they'll work with my big RayBan glasses. I've got a few headphone sets in my Amazon cart. If they don't jack up the prices while they sit there, I may just go with new lightweight headphones.

:hmm: How big are we talking? Cause I wear normal glasses, and I have no issues with them. But, I could see where if the ear hook part is oddly shaped, it might be a problem.

For the record, I also sleep with those headphones on almost every night, and my ears aren't sore at all in the morning. Whatever they've got on the hooks is amazing stuff.

I don't think they'd be a problem then. Looking at my pair, the plastic on the headphones where the thickest part of the sunglasses would be is pretty thin. I guess it's hard to say for sure though.

If you don't want to spend a lot, you should check out these JVC ones:

JVCMarshmallows1.jpg

I think I only paid $24.99 for them at Circuit City. They block out a lot of noise, so I play my iPod at a much lower volume than I used to, and the part that goes in your ear is squishy, so they're a lot more comfortable, too.

And they're clearly marked, so I don't get left and right mixed up anymore :wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
If you don't want to spend a lot, you should check out these JVC ones:

JVCMarshmallows1.jpg

I think I only paid $24.99 for them at Circuit City. They block out a lot of noise, so I play my iPod at a much lower volume than I used to, and the part that goes in your ear is squishy, so they're a lot more comfortable, too.

And they're clearly marked, so I don't get left and right mixed up anymore :wink:
I was about to reccommend these. :lol: JVC Marshmallows, Im onto my second pair, I paid £17 for mine. Well worth it, the only problem is when the squishy bits eventually wear out. very comfortable and stay in your ear even after some tugging. I had a bright green pair, and got a black set a week ago. Great also if you want to block out peoples nagging. :wink: Like you said too, iPod doesnt need to be turned up as much, so I guess that saves battery.:yes:

MooMoo! said:
I was about to reccommend these. :lol: JVC Marshmallows, Im onto my second pair, I paid £17 for mine. Well worth it, the only problem is when the squishy bits eventually wear out. very comfortable and stay in your ear even after some tugging. I had a bright green pair, and got a black set a week ago. Great also if you want to block out peoples nagging. :wink: Like you said too, iPod doesnt need to be turned up as much, so I guess that saves battery.:yes:

I third these... When she said that she didn't want to spend much, Marshmallows were the first thing I thought of. I think you can get them a lot of the time under $20, even. I had trouble with the iPod buds too, these are what I went to and were a big improvement. I've since moved on up the sound ladder, presently working my way through the Ultimate Ears line - had the metro.fi, now use the super.fi 3 and I am looking to go to the super.fi 5 pro as soon as I catch a really good sale...

I never thought I'd write this, but even for iPod use, if I had to do it all again, I'd spend hundreds on the earphones and maybe $50 on a cheap mp3 player.

I use the Westone UM2 onstage and more and more for personal listening too. Previous to that I was using Ultimate Ears, and before that Shure E3s. Best sound so far is the Westone, they blow the others away. Words cannot describe, they just can't. They are so comfortable you don't even know you have them in (unlike the Shure which are a real pain in the ass)

Retail is about $350 but if you search around (esp eBay) there is a guy out of Cincinnati who can get them to you for as low as $260, shipping incl. I know that sounds like alot, but I'll never go back. Ever.

I got the Sony over the ear kind because they have a thinner part that goes over the ear. They suck because the music is waaaaay not loud enough because the phones are so far from my ears. I have to crank the volume just to get it so it's the same as my old thrashed over the head Sony headphones.

Or I can spend my time holding the phones against my ears.

:grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom