What about some earbuds that DON'T hurt?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I look at it like this: I've spent (honestly) probably on average $20 per year on shit headphones since I was, oh, 17. That's like $340 and many years of not only crap to at best mediocre sound but also damage to my hearing. Reflecting on that made my decision to buy good ones alot easier :up:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
If you don't want to spend a lot, you should check out these JVC ones:

JVCMarshmallows1.jpg

I think I only paid $24.99 for them at Circuit City. They block out a lot of noise, so I play my iPod at a much lower volume than I used to, and the part that goes in your ear is squishy, so they're a lot more comfortable, too.

And they're clearly marked, so I don't get left and right mixed up anymore :wink:
i like these too, and i'm not even an earbud fan :hmm:

I need a pair of earbuds that will actually stay in my ear while working out. :grumpy: The standard apple ones hurt like hell. I tried the JVC but I spent most of my time on the treadmill pushing them back in my ears. :mad: They are great for sitting still but I need ones that won't work their way out after 10 minutes.

Any advice??

The Bose ones stay in for me, not to mention the sound is the best. Every other pair I've tried falls out which drives me crazy and the sound hurts my ears too.

I've borrowed :shifty: some Bose ones, and the sound is great. However, I was sitting with my iPod yesterday, and I the left one just didn't want to stay in. There's 3 little plastic attachments (Small, medium, and large), and I'm using the smallest ones. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if I just have deformed/mismatched ears. :der:

I bought these earbuds about a year ago, and they're fantastic! I have tiny ears, so the smaller caps fit perfectly in my ears. They drown out outside sound, are a decent price, and are so much more comfortable than the standard Apple earbuds. I wear them when I'm running, and they never fall out. I definitely recommend them. :up:

I'd love to hear an answer to that as well. I've heard at least once that the noise-cancelling technology does negatively affect the sound itself. Someone told me it can make the vocals more muffled or something. That doesn't sound appealing.

No don't buy the bose buds. They are just as bad as the apple ear buds!!!!!

Why do you say that? I think they sound much, much better and are far more comfortable than the Apple earbuds.

Bose are not the best, but they are likely good at their price range. I don't believe in noise cancelling technology, I think sound-isolating is far more effective and healthy on the ear (ie sound-isolating doesn't send a 'cancelling signal' to the eardrum) If you look earlier in the thread you'll see my recommendation for high quality earphones that fit in the ear very nicely (hint: UM2 Earphones (True-Fit Dual-Driver) :: Westone)

Back
Top Bottom