Webroot Spysweeper just keeps loading...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonosSaint

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Webroot Spysweeper just keeps loading, It was working fine until yesterday.
Any suggestions?

Thought it might be something like that. Thanks. I always keep hoping there's an easier solution.

Reinstalling is a pretty easy solution :wink:

Do you have a good antivirus program? If you do, I would just uninstall Spysweeper. It's not a bad program but good AV programs now do spyware, adware, malware, you name it so it's a bit redundant and uses a lot of the computer's resources to run both.

Can you suggest one? Webroot Spysweeper is the one that Best Buy said they recommended as the best for the money. :huh:

I have it right now and it's pissing me off. Every time it says I should update it I get stupid errors that it didn't install correctly and to re install etc etc but I just get the same errors again or new ones.

I use a corporate version of Symantec b/c I get it free, but it's kind of a memory hog (thought MUCH better in every way than the Norton products they sell for personal/home use). Nod32 seems to have a lot of happy customers, updates frequently, and isn't a memory hog.

Thanks, I may try that one. Webroot was suggested as a non-memory hog too, and I was actually happy with it until it expired and I started updating. The updates have NEVER worked for me, even when I followed all their suggestions for correcting the problems.

It's working again. Why, I don't know. Have Trend as the AV. Best Buy does push Webroot.

I finally uninstalled the worthless non-working Webroot update it kept telling me to download (uninstalled the entire thing) then re-downloaded the older version I bought last year I think in store. Everything fine now. I will stay away when they tell me to update now.

Back
Top Bottom