Webdesign

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

last unicorn

Blue Crack Addict
Which software/programmes do you use for designing your webpages? Anything that can be recommended? I can work with HTML and CSS and know how to use Dreamweaver, which is a great programme but simply not affordable for me. I'm looking for a way to make complex webpages including Java, Flash, etc.

I'm in a similar boat here, but can't remember how to use Dreamweaver, can't afford it and don't want to go back there.

Any suggestions (I just want to make a basic website, on which I can stick what I'm about, and then all my music album reviews :) perhaps a blog might be best or something?)?

I use Dreamweaver, but also run all my CSS and XHTML through a validator to make sure it passes b/c Dreamweaver allows some things that don't pass validation.

For blogging I use NucleusCMS skins that I customize (mainly in Dreamweaver).

There's a testversion of Dreamweaver for free download that works for 30 days. Maybe I'll manage to make my website within this time. It's a good program and I know how to handle it, but I'd never buy it, especially since I'm certainly not using all of the functions.

There are also free HTML editors, I found some on the web, I may try and download and use some of them, depending on how complicated they are and which functions they offer.

Making a website is something I'm planning to do for the winter.
So far, I have my own discussion board, but that wasn't really much work to set up.

Back
Top Bottom