web gurus, i need your help...looking for an inventory type program for a website... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Old 11-29-2009, 03:59 AM   #1
An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Local Time: 09:42 PM
web gurus, i need your help...looking for an inventory type program for a website...

i'm helping design a website. it's for a place that collects old material (scraps of wood, pieces of cloth, jars, etc.) for children to use in their art projects at school. the schools need to know what material is available for them to come get for their class. thus, we need a list of inventory for the website. i'm looking for an inventory type program that is easy to update for people that don't know anything about updating a website...they can just simply log in, and update the quantities and list.

i thought about just typing it out in notepad or excel, but it might be too difficult for someone that doesn't know a thing about ftp or updating websites to update it and upload it to the site.

ABEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
love, blood, life
Local Time: 09:42 PM
Are you able to work with FTP and MySQL databases yourself? If so, it might be wise just to give Joomla or Drupal a spin. You could just use tables which could be updated from a nice web-based GUI. Joomla is kind of bloated, but it's great to work with if you get past that; Drupal's much harder to get working, but much more streamlined.
digitize is offline   Reply With Quote