Watching videos online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
The last couple of weeks, my computer has given me problems when trying to watch videos on You Tube or any other site. Sometimes it will play 1-3 seconds at a time, then stop. So a 30 second video could take me an hour, if I'm lucky. Sometimes if I leave & come back, I can "rewind" and watch the previous portion uninterrupted. Is there something or somewhere on my computer that I need to make adjustments to?

:shrug:

try putting the video on pause, then wait a few seconds/minutes and then watch it... sounds like your pc isn't buffering the video fast enough (sort of downloading it to your pc to play faster the next time you watch it)

Yeah that's usually a bandwidth problem. Are you torrenting? If you have other computers on the same network, do they have the same problem?

I've tried the pause thing, but that doesn't work either. If I just let the video play and come back to it later in the day, I can drag the bar back to the left so that I can see the whole video, usually uninterrupted.

I don't torrent, so not sure what's up. I always have lots of tabs open in IE, and several other files. Makes no difference if I close some up. My other computer is connected to this one (from across the room). I hadn't really had noticeable problems til the past week or two. :shrug:

I think it had something to do with my router. Apparently it's officially dead as of today. I'm hooked straight from my DSL modem into my computer, and went to YouTube and watched the first video (Bono/Davos) that came up. No problems whatsoever :)

Back
Top Bottom