Washing machine'd mobile phone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MooMoo!

New Yorker
So my mum has put her phone in the washing machine.

As far as I know its not been turned on. Shall I just leave it to dry off? Or should I help it out with a hairdrying? Any other advice?

I did the same thing with my phone once. You can try to dry it off. The only chance would be to like open it up...place it so the number keys are facing down, and hope it works later.

I have to be honest, there's not much hope.

whatever you do, don't turn it on. And don't use a hairdryer, it can get too hot or too windy and damage parts.
Just leave it to dry in the air, perhaps even open it up and let the insides dry.

I would just open it up and let it dry. Human hair dryers, air vents, etc all produce static electricity that can zap electronics.

Take the battery out! Dry what is visibly leaking, and lay it face down NEAR a heat source such as heater vent but not right on it or close enough to get very hot, extreme heat it just as deadly to the as water. I give it about a 50/50 chance of survival, but sadly the higher tech these phones get the easier they are to die because there's just too much to go wrong.

Its been sitting for a day or 2 now. Still some condensation in the screen, but I cant unscrew it to get to it, so I spose Ill have to wait a few days more.

she put it in a bowl of rice but then her mom accidentally ate it :(

Back
Top Bottom