Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited for that one.

And there are full sized helicopters

MACHINE-GUN-GIF1.gif

JT & Imps (and anyone else who's liked the Battlefield games), you're seriously going to love BF4 on the new consoles.

Even if I don't like it on the current console? I'll be getting it anyway cause what's a $10 upgrade to a yung hustla, but I haven't been impressed with BF4 at all.

The solder that they replaced lead with isn't as pliable and it prone to cracking. When you heat it with a hair dryer it softens the solder and re-completes the circuit.

The PS4 arrived at my house two days ago. I've been unsuccessful selling it, actually. Asked my parents if they'd go in to just buy it for us for Christmas. One parent said yes, the other is still thinking about it. So it continues to sit there, in the box...taunting me.

So just like on PS3, I can't get my credit card to work in order to redeem my free month of PSN+. It's so annoying. My card is fine, but I PSN keeps saying it's an invalid number. Beyond frustrating. I'll just have to go buy some PSN cards and pay for a subscription and not be able to use the free month or free $10

Finally beat the first real level on Killzone. I'm having a blast, despite how infuriating it is.

I spent like an hour making a character on DC Universe.... then I tried playing the game. I really hope that first training level isn't what most of the game is like. Tedious. Also not sure how I feel about all the leveling up and shit in these kinds of games either. Maybe it will be more fun if you fools are on there too

Finally beat the first real level on Killzone. I'm having a blast, despite how infuriating it is.

Killzone is pretty cool. I thought that first prologue level was lame, which had me questioning the game from the beginning... even the character's facial models were kinda wonky... I wonder if it was tacked on late in development. after that, everything has been really cool though

I spent like an hour making a character on DC Universe.... then I tried playing the game. I really hope that first training level isn't what most of the game is like. Tedious. Also not sure how I feel about all the leveling up and shit in these kinds of games either. Maybe it will be more fun if you fools are on there too

Almost started playing, but Killzone took too long and I had to go to work. I'll try it out tonight. Promise.

Killzone is pretty cool. I thought that first prologue level was lame, which had me questioning the game from the beginning... even the character's facial models were kinda wonky... I wonder if it was tacked on late in development. after that, everything has been really cool though

The dad was especially wonky

It's definitely an MMO, not exactly thrilling game play. I bought it when it first came out on PS3. Stopped playing after a month or so. Regardless, look forward to seeing the graphical upgrade and seeing how much the mechanics and gameplay have or haven't changed.

From what I remember, there is definitely a lot of cool stuff in there if you're a comic book fan. I actually liked their Gotham City WAY more than Arkham City 's version.

How much like a Facebook game is it, in terms of actual play time before you gotta take a break or pay for shit?

One of the thing I was most excited about for the next gen is the lighting effects. Real light sources and none of that fake baseline brightness crap. I'm already really impressed. Some great lighting moments in Killzone alone. The light refracting through the smoke in the forest near the beginning of the game looked fantastic. Now I'm
in the control deck of a dead spacecraft pointed at the sun. It looks pretty awesome

I'm playing Assassins Creed. Have not played anyhting else yet. Enjoying it.

I'm a bit weary about getting too many cross generation games. I want to be blown away by the technology, but it seems like most are just a slight graphical enhancement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom