Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You goons. If y'all are still going strong on PS3 next week I may have to join your clan.

There was something sort of sublime about committing a crime and having the police chase you while Steven Winwood plays on the radio

My favorite musical moment so far has been Trevor raging about something or other, getting in the car as the radio was blaring "What a Fool Believes," and changing the station saying the music was all wrong for his mood.

I changed it right back to "What a Fool Believes."

I'm already getting tired of the game. Something about GTA campaigns and stories that I never find all that engaging or enjoyable.

My favorite musical moment so far has been Trevor raging about something or other, getting in the car as the radio was blaring "What a Fool Believes," and changing the station saying the music was all wrong for his mood.

I changed it right back to "What a Fool Believes."

hahaha, so did I

If anyone is interested in stealing a jumbo jet, after the mission where you have to bring that fancy Z Type car to the dude's hanger at the airport, you're forced to leave the gated area to finish the mission, but you can waltz right back in without any trouble. Nobody will stop you flying off with the jumbo

I know, but the cops are all over you. They park their cars near the tires and make it difficult to move. And if you're able to take off, the chopper does a lot of damage. When you take it after that mission, you get to fly it unscathed

My little brother just messaged me to tell me he beat the game and was going to celebrate by competing in a triathlon.

He was back in 10 minutes to tell me he won the triathlon... I'm sure that is realistically accurate :lol:

Boy, I can't wait to join all of you in the fun. I'm really tempted to grab GTA V now but I've kind of decided it'll be a gift to myself for finishing off my studies at the end of the year. Also I really want a PC version but whatever, I don't think I can wait any longer than that.

Out of curiosity, did anyone else play the series when it was still top down? Hard to believe it's gone from that to the single biggest phenomenon in gaming.

So... GTA V is pretty awesome. But the nostalgic me misses the island setup where you have to unlock new lands.

I think that's why San Andreas is still my favourite for now, just how distinctive every new area felt. I've never really been satisfied by having an entire sandbox world available from the start, it just feels like too much of a good thing, like starting the game at the strongest with a full moveset. But hey, I still really want to play Saints Row IV, which looks exactly like what I'm describing, so whatever.

Because you support domestic abuse.

I've gotta find this:

No country for old men - Imgur

That's awesome. There's obviously s number of Heat references in the movie as well, and I've taken Michael to the barber to get a goatee so he looks just like deniro did, because I'm a tool like that.

Also obvious Breaking Bad references, and the I loved the nod to CHiPs.

I would have liked it if they would tell you not to mod any cars that you stole if you want to, ya know, not waste all your money and all.

ku-bigpic.jpg

:heart:

That's awesome.

I stole a cop car and was cruisin around town. I got out for a few minutes, then heard the siren start up and some woman's voice say "hey girl". A prostitute had gotten in and tried to drive it away

That's awesome.

I stole a cop car and was cruisin around town. I got out for a few minutes, then heard the siren start up and some woman's voice say "hey girl". A prostitute had gotten in and tried to drive it away

Easily my favorite GTA story so far :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom