Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bioshock 1 is crap compared to infinte. sHiT! The last 3-4 hours is the best any videogame has done storywise ever!!!!

Just finished Infinite...feel emotionally traumatised. Visually one of the most epic games ever, the way so many of the scenes are framed and how you arrive at them are beautiful. Plus handcannon and Bucking Bronco all the way.

The whole asylum part with Elizabeth screaming and being tortured was fairly harrowing. Plus I feel wrong for perving on Elizabeth now knowing she is Booker's daughter. So really anyway you look at it in the end Booker is just a bastard, either gets baptised and becomes Comstock or doesn't and becomes a drunk who sells his own daughter.

YES

So is New Vegas totally unplayable or what? I've avoided it because of the bad press.

Yeah I've seen it for $15 before. I'll pick up for 360 because PS3 ports tend to be shittier and from what I've read that's true for F:NV. Developers have been lazier with PS3 since the beginning, though I maintain their exclusives are better overall.

It's fun, and has some cool ideas, but where there are many memorable moments and locales in Fallout 3, there are few to none in New Vegas.

Just finished my second run through Infinite and it didn't lose any emotional weight from the first time (if there was ever a game that rewarded you in a second play through, this is the one). I somehow got my gf to watch the first Bioshock, so she was actually excited to watch this one too. She was blown away (but vowed never to watch me play a game again because it takes too long and there will never be another as good as this). I've become mildly obsessed with this game and its characters. Such a finely crafted world. Not to put expectations too high for the rest of you, but I'm comfortable saying this is definitely the best game I've ever played

Keep putting it off assuming there will be a "Game of the Year" version with PC-esque graphics early next year on the new consoles. Not sure why I care about that sort of crap, not like I can tell if it looks worse than the PC version when I only have consoles anyway.

I think you should go ahead and play it. Trust me.

And it still looks great. I'm the biggest graphics whore in town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom