Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toronto's new fancy pants aquarium is opening soon and I just came across this photo of it in the process of being built.

62199036960842948641648.jpg

Which plasmids would you recommend I enable for my first visit?

Looks safe from crow-men, but don't let your guard down.

Oh man, I haven't watched it yet either, but if that's anything to go by. Hooooboy.

Anyways, bought Alan Wake and the sequel. Should I buy the DLC for Alan Wake as well?

Anyways, bought Alan Wake and the sequel. Should I buy the DLC for Alan Wake as well?

I would, all three carry on the story from where the main game ends, they're all pretty cool too. May as well go for it while the price is so low.

American Nightmare is more of an inbetween (kinda like Shadows of the Empire) than a direct sequel. That said, it does take place after the events of the main game and DLC, so play it last. It's surprisingly good considering it was a "download only" type game. I still play the arcade mode now and again.

Aside from the name of the console and that it comes with Kinect, everything else in that GIF has either been confirmed as wrong, is misinformation taken out of context, or are guesses based off of incredibly vague info. Friggin' internet.

Well, the gif's still funny anyways :(.

I'll go ahead and get the rest of the Alan Wake stuff when I get home, in that case. Can't wait to finally play this game.

Hope you enjoy it! For whatever reason, I looooooove that franchise. Always worried I'm over-hyping it everyone I recommend it to, and that they'll end up hating it. At the very least, you'll love the soundtrack.

Aside from the name of the console and that it comes with Kinect, everything else in that GIF has either been confirmed as wrong, is misinformation taken out of context, or are guesses based off of incredibly vague info. Friggin' internet.

Most of the information has come from Microsoft itself specifically Phil Harrison corp vp of Microsoft, they could sort it out easily themselves by releasing a concise statement but all that stuff in the gif has come from the mouths of various people in MS itself and multiple interviews i've read like MS lead in Europe have failed to deny any of this when questioned or they have contradicted each other. They need to put out a press release that deals with a lot of the worries people have otherwise they just look daft. Conspiracy will always fill an information vacuum.

I looked at the metacritic page for Last of Us. The first like 20 reviews are perfect scores

Between the hilarious XBox One announcement and the early reviews of The Last of Us, it's been a good couple of weeks for Sony.

I haven't been this excited for E3 in a while. Not because I really care that much about the next-gen systems but to see a) how Microsoft tries to dig themselves out and b) how conservative the PS4 is. At this point, Sony could put a new shell on the PS3 and nobody would care. It would be more of a relief than anything.

I finally bought Journey yesterday. Haven't played it yet, probably this weekend.

And? What's your point?

That you're a rapscallion!

No point, just dicking around. She actually looked WAY more like Ellen Page when the game was announced. There are rumors Ellen Page was actually contracted to voice her part, but Sony decided to move her to voice a different Sony game (Beyond: Two Souls), because they thought Last Of Us would already sell well enough without a big name actress doing the voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom