Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Restart and Reboot Yourself
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 08:10 AM   #946
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:09 AM
I wouldn't say Assassin's Creeds controls are much better, you can feel amazing when everything comes off just right. The controls though really lack precision, you end up doing so much that you didn't intend, because either the controls are not responsive enough or it just doesn't interpret what you want to do. Run up a wall you didn't intend, jump or not jump.

Similar beef with the Arkham games, Origins does worse than its predecessors, so many times the targeting of enemies goes awry and you just start punching air.

Anyway i've not played much of GTA V only a bit at my brothers. Never been the biggest fan, i've enjoyed them but i've never thought of them as the wonders of the world. Rockstar just seem so enthrall to every gangster movie ever made it just starts to bug me.

I'm beyond caring about how well they concoct a parody world. The game stuff still seems relatively stuck in the same old design problems. Unenterable buildings and the like. A world that needs to be more reactant to you. I mean your a bunch of guys that are causing untold mayhem, there should be more than just cops chasing you for a bit and then reset when clear.

Saints Row IV feels more honest. Here is a world you can truly mess up, have at it.

A lot of similarish stuff bugged me in Arkham Origins. Stopped playing it quite near the end. I really didn't want to fight Bane for the millionth time with the same mechanics as every other Arkham game. I also got bugged when a run would end because batman seemingly can not step over a large wire or 1ft wall.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #947
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 10:09 PM
Gears of War Rights Acquired By Microsoft Studios, Black Tusk To Develop - Xbox 360 News At XboxAchievements.com

Quote:
Microsoft Studios has announced that it has acquired the rights to the Gears of War franchise from Epic Games, handing over development duties to Vancouver-based team Black Tusk Studios. What's more, ex-Epic Director of Production and Gears man Rod Fergusson will be joining Microsoft, playing a key role on the series at Black Tusk.

Existing and future Gears of War games, "entertainment experiences" and merchandise all belong to Microsoft hence forth. "The Gears of War franchise has a very strong, passionate and valued fan base on Xbox. Over twenty-two million units have been sold across all Gears of War titles worldwide, grossing over $1bn dollars (US). This franchise, and these fans, are part of the soul of Xbox," said Microsoft Studios boss Phil Spencer.

"By acquiring this franchise, Microsoft Studios will continue to offer them more of their favourite games and entertainment experiences from the Gears of War universe."

Spencer assured Gears fans that Black Tusk taking over the franchise won't compromise future Gears of War titles. "Black Tusk has assembled a world-class team with deep experience and passion for the shooter space, and specifically the Gears of War franchise," he said. "I am extremely confident that under the leadership of Hanno Lemke, Rod Fergusson and our other leaders in the studio, Black Tusk is well equipped to take on the future development of the Gears of War franchise."

"I’m extremely excited to be joining Black Tusk Studios to oversee development on the Gears of War franchise," commented Rod Fergusson. "I’ve been privileged to work on a lot of great games with a lot of great teams, but Gears has had the most impact on me professionally and personally, so this really feels like a homecoming. I can’t wait to share more with you all soon."

Microsoft will be revealing more about a future Gears of War title - presumably for Xbox One - later this year. Epic Games had the following to say on the new deal: “Epic Games has reached an agreement to sell the Gears of War intellectual property rights to Microsoft," the studio stated.

"We’re very proud of the franchise we built in close partnership with Microsoft over the past decade and are happy that this agreement enables Microsoft to forge ahead with the Gears universe on their industry-leading platforms as Epic concentrates its efforts on new projects,” said Epic founder and CEO Tim Sweeney. “Epic remains totally dedicated to supporting Xbox One and is licensing the Unreal Engine 4 technology to Microsoft in support of their future projects.”

Epic VP Mark Rein had the following to say about the agreement on Twitter: "Congratulations to @XboxP3 @GearsViking and all our friends at Microsoft - they’ll take good care of @GearsofWar and we’re excited for them!"

Old 02-04-2014, 10:29 PM   #948
45:33

Local Time: 03:09 PM
Goat Simulator 1st Alpha Gameplay - YouTube
Old 02-05-2014, 07:38 AM   #949
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:09 PM
I hope Penguinz jumps on that soon.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #950
Blue Meth Addict

Xbox One people, go preorder this:

78 Epic Titanfall Moments in 4 Minutes - YouTube
Old 02-12-2014, 10:44 PM   #951
The Fly

Local Time: 11:09 PM
Just payed off thief, South Park stick of truth, infamous second son and metal gear solid V ground zeroes. I should be set for awhile
Old 02-20-2014, 12:12 PM   #952
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:09 AM
you're all console gamers, so i suppose the answer is going to be no. but has anyone tried out hearthstone?
Old 02-20-2014, 02:41 PM   #953
Blue Crack Distributor

Not yet, but I think one of my buddies got a beta. I'm guessing we're past that point now?
Old 02-23-2014, 12:11 AM   #954
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:09 AM
I have no idea, I haven't looked into it past realizing I would have to dig up my authenticator from when I used to play wow to even log into anything blizzard-created since it's all through battle.net. And in the time it took me to do that, I found other things to do.

But I've heard good things from a few different people so far.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #955
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:09 AM
I've been playing Hearthstone a bit. Easy enough to get into and relatively fun. Not sure on the longevity of it though.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #956
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

If you're at all a fan of South Park, you'd do well to get the new game. It's basically a love letter to the entire series. And it's funnier than the past few seasons.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #957
Blue Crack Supplier

I'd rather be driven off a cliff while riding in a stagecoach after a 10 minute journey than play that game.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #958
Blue Meth Addict

Titanfall - Wrecking Ball Parody (miley cyrus) - YouTube
Old 03-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #959
Blue Meth Addict

Old 03-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #960
Blue Meth Addict

Xbox One people (NSW), you definitely should get Titanfall if you have enjoyed multiplayer games in the least in the past. Imps and I played for a few hours together last night and had a blast. The hype and great reviews were definitely accurate.