Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sheeeeeeeit

I might have to buy that one right away after all. Seems like they got rid of the macho dude bro dynamic of the characters, thank jeebus

Yeah, though I enjoyed the campaign in 2 and 3, I'm pretty impressed by the massive change in tone of the story. Also, dem graffix iz gud.

sheeeeeeeit

I might have to buy that one right away after all. Seems like they got rid of the macho dude bro dynamic of the characters, thank jeebus

Hahaha the script for KZ3 was completely unbearable. The dialogue felt like shit kids shout at each other to feel edgy.

Still enjoyed the game, nonetheless.

I'm probably the only one, but I've been agonizing - embarrassingly - over the Universe Mode roster possibilities for WWE 2K14 (instead of working on real stuff like my dissertation).

I had a great idea and then they released the DLC list and the (amazing-looking) nwo pack decided to make me rethink everything three times.

Sigh.

tevis thompson

Apparently this did the rounds last month, though I only just saw it today, thanks to this surprisingly accurate Buzzfeed piece. Thought it was worth sharing. The guy is really, and I mean really critical of Bioshock Infinite, so I dig if not everyone here (JT and such) gets into it (it's understandably gotten mixed reception in the gaming circuit), but I think he brings up a lot of good stuff. Even if he didn't like Bastion.

I'm all for negative reviews of the games I like, but the guy who wrote that sounds like a real chore to be around. He didn't buy anything through the entire game? "When I was offered the chance to buy upgrades my first time through, none of them interested me. So I waited. I saved all my scavenged silver eagles and waited for a reason to buy anything. And then the game was over. I’d never bought a thing." Really?? It's like he set out not to have fun.
And his criticism of Elizabeth sounds like something out of the feminism thread in fym. He intentionally takes developer comments about not wanting Elizabeth to be a "burden" out of context. Oh, to interact with Elizabeth, you press the same button as "use". It's obviously the man subconsciously holding women down.
He sounds like the kind of person I'd hate in real life

Has anyone tried the new Batman game? I've heard mixed reviews. I loved the old ones

So if I liked the others, I should like this one?
I heard some of the charm of the others is missing. Like the little nods to characters not in the game; empty prison cells and artifacts lying around. Sad to hear that. But maybe I'll still pick it up

If you preordered PS4 games from Amazon, check your emails. I'd preordered 2 games, and they sent me a credit for one free PS4 title.

Hope they do the same for X1.

Weird, they haven't sent my Killzone yet. I did get COD already, Killzone's preordered, and I did that "PS3 to PS4 upgrade" thing for BF4 for $10. I'll probably get Assassin's Creed as well.

I'd stick with Battlefield. I've played it a ton already on PS3 and really enjoying it. I just got COD because...well, I don't know. Just wanted to see how much (or little) of an upgrade it would be compared to COD from the last 8 years. Plus, we'll actually get JT to play with us on Battlefield.

I did get COD already, Killzone's preordered, and I did that "PS3 to PS4 upgrade" thing for BF4 for $10.

Is that through EA or the store you bought it from? I thought it was an EA offer, but the guy at Gamestop told me to bring the game back with the receipt and they'll give me the ps4 version for $10.. but I have to give the old one back. That's not how it's supposed to work, is it? I feel like Gamestop is trying to pull one over on us

Is that through EA or the store you bought it from? I thought it was an EA offer, but the guy at Gamestop told me to bring the game back with the receipt and they'll give me the ps4 version for $10.. but I have to give the old one back. That's not how it's supposed to work, is it? I feel like Gamestop is trying to pull one over on us

There should be something in the case. At least in the US, the only way to upgrade to PS4 is digitally. The Xbox versions require you to trade in the disc.

I just had a look and there is nothing in the box. Bah. I suppose I'll have to trade it back in. I just hate supporting their shady used games sales that mine will surely end up in.

Amazon sent me an email with the Killzone preorder exclusive codes today, the game will arrive tomorrow, Assassins Creed arrives the day after that, and the console the next day! So close.

As a reminder, you guys are going to need Playstation Plus to play online on PS4. The system comes with 2 weeks free, if you don't have a membership already. FYI, there is a pretty awesome free game coming for PS Plus members at launch called Resogun. I'll post videos of it later today, it looks great.

Yeah, you can do it online, in the PS Store on your Playstation, or buy subscription cards. The system should have a free card for 2 weeks, so you could just wait for that, and then add onto it when the 2 weeks are up. It's actually a decent service, in that they give you a couple free games per month. Here's the link, and here's a video for the Playstation Plus game that will be free at launch, Resogun.

PlayStation®Plus - Get PlayStation®Plus Updates, Free games, Huge Discounts and FAQs

Resogun On PS4 Looks Gorgeous in Super Slow-Mo - YouTube

Yeah, you can do it online, in the PS Store on your Playstation, or buy subscription cards. The system should have a free card for 2 weeks, so you could just wait for that, and then add onto it when the 2 weeks are up. It's actually a decent service, in that they give you a couple free games per month. Here's the link, and here's a video for the Playstation Plus game that will be free at launch, Resogun.

PlayStation®Plus - Get PlayStation®Plus Updates, Free games, Huge Discounts and FAQs

Resogun On PS4 Looks Gorgeous in Super Slow-Mo - YouTube

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom