Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hold back/select and make a waypoint for the closest ATM. There's usually one within a half mile of you as long as you're not out in the sticks.

Didn't realize the Battlefield 4 Open Beta has started! Downloading now. And just read some awesome news. All the progress you make in B4 on PS3 will transfer over to PS4 when you make the switch. Even better, if you buy the PS3 version, it comes with a code to get the PS4 version for $9.99! wicked

Maybe I'm just being a wuss about it, but I find myself playing in Passive mode quite often. I enjoy having the other players and all, but it seems like half the time they're just trying to kill each other instead of trying to get stuff done. Maybe I need to join a team or something.

That's what bugged me about RDR online, I'd only ever play if I had friends on, so we could group up and no one would come at us. Game was far too annoying by yourself, I'm shocked they actually made a mechanic where you're penalized for people killing you in the open world. Stupid.

That's what bugged me about RDR online, I'd only ever play if I had friends on, so we could group up and no one would come at us. Game was far too annoying by yourself, I'm shocked they actually made a mechanic where you're penalized for people killing you in the open world. Stupid.

Yep. And unfortunately the majority of the time I got killed when just messing around trying to do something cool or earn some money. Maybe people will calm down after a while. I've neve been big on multiplayer as it is, but after being stalked by the same guy for a half hour, I finally switched back to story mode.

Nobody fucks with OkkerKill River.

What the hell is the point of passive mode, if people can still kill you? I don't even think I made it out of the opening tutorial, and have no desire to play GTA Online again.

What the hell is the point of passive mode, if people can still kill you? I don't even think I made it out of the opening tutorial, and have no desire to play GTA Online again.

I thought I had passive mode on once too and ended up being killed.. I think I stole the guy's car though. Or maybe passive mode is buggy like everything else.
You might not want to play for other reasons though. Lots of people are losing their progress/characters and having to start from scratch. I'd be pissed if that happens. Might just leave it for a while. B4 is a lot of fun anyway, so that should keep me occupied. The reviewer at ign who's reviewing GTA online lost his character after a week right in the middle of the review in progress. What a joke

I'm shocked they actually made a mechanic where you're penalized for people killing you in the open world. Stupid.

This. Especially when part of the appeal of the game is to do stupid shit that gets you killed. I heard GTA Online got rid of the dumb medical expenses each time you get killed

In positive news, to clean the bad taste of GTA out of my mouth, I finally started Dishonored. Loved the first level. Have had the game for a full year, wish I would have started much earlier.

I played through the first episode of The Walking Dead game yesterday as well. It's pretty stuttery on 360, but the story seems pretty cool. The old timey adventure game mechanics are actually pretty fun.

I saw someone post this about how to avoid the problems with public servers:

In GTA V, press start, go to the Online tab, the bottom option (should be something like "Start GTA Online" and it'll give you some options on what free mode you want to load up. Closed friend session is what you're after if you have problems with public free roams. Don't click "Solo game" as that apparently gives you limited options.

As compensation to anyone that logged into GTA Online during October, Rockstar is making a couple deposits in your character's bank account. Two installments of $250,000 each. First one should come next week. Not bad

Have they shown any gameplay footage yet? Different developer this time around, right?

There's an independent place in Toronto called Gamerama. As far as I know, the ylod problem is usually just a broken soldering point, so it's not a huge deal to fix. Check around. I'm sure you can get it done for cheaper than $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom