Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone hijacked a train yet? Can you even hijack them? I got on a moving one with a helicopter and killed the conductor but I couldn't get to the "drivers side" without being outside of the train.

Also, I landed a plane on a highrise, conducted enough mayhem to get five stars, and then jumped in the plane and "fell" off the building into a nose dive, flew away, and escaped. I don't know why I feel the necessity to share that story but it's stuff like that that makes this game awesome.

You feel the necessity to share because those are awesome questions and stories, that's why. Where else in what other context can these discussions take place?

I take back my "no issues so far"

Couldn't get past the creation of the player.

That's where I've gotten to. I understand we should expect bugs for the first couple weeks, but not being able to even connect is a little more than a bug. It's a massive failure on their part

Considering the basic Rockstar Social Club features in the game (Bawsaq market, updates from friends' progress, Snapmatic pictures, etc) took a week or more to finally work regularly, I admittedly was ready for the worst on the online servers. That said, this is still incredibly disappointing.

Devs usually blame "more sales and users than expected" as the primary problem for game wide server crashes at the launch of a game. In this case, they even delayed the online portion two weeks after the launch of the game, they EASILY should have understood the amount of bandwidth they'd need 2 weeks in going off of user data and sales. If they weren't ready to launch, then don't freaking launch.

Devs usually blame "more sales and users than expected" as the primary problem for game wide server crashes at the launch of a game. In this case, they even delayed the online portion two weeks after the launch of the game, they EASILY should have understood the amount of bandwidth they'd need 2 weeks in going off of user data and sales. If they weren't ready to launch, then don't freaking launch.

This.

I don't buy the "well, it's brand new. we're just working out the bugs". People have become too forgiving of games being brought to market that don't work properly. or at all, in this case.

Kinda disappointed that the Last of Us single player DLC isn't coming out for some time. I'm sure it will be wicked once they release it.

Have they made a release date for the Bioshock DLC?

Yeah, I'm bummed the Last of Us dlc comes after the launch of the new systems. I can't imagine I'll want to go back to it by then. :(

I keep hoping a bunch of the "better" games (Last of Us, GTA, Tomb Raider, Bioshock, Diablo 3, etc) to come out this year get next gen upgrade releases in 2014 (sooner rather than later). Even if they do nothing but up the resolution, frame rate, and add some anti-aliasing into the games, I'd likely buy 'em.

Now I'm reading people saying their single player save files got corrupted by trying to play GTA Online. Good lord, Rockstar. Talk about launching something way too early.

The only reason why I give rockstar a break here is that they readily admitted that there would be issues before the launch even happened.

Aside from that, it's a disaster.

But we'll see what it's like after everything is fixed and up and running.

When they said there would be issue, I thought they meant lag or weird glitching or something.
I jokingly blamed a friend last night on facebook who used to work in quality control at Rockstar. He told me he was part of the GTA V beta testing and they had the exact same issue then

It'd have been one thing had they made this "there might be issues" announcement before the game released, but waiting until we've all purchased it, and then making that statement doesn't exactly give them a free ride. It's like saying, "We're more than happy to sell you an unfinished product that doesn't include features we've advertised for months."

I was able to get on yesterday. Having difficulty today.
Overall, it was fun. I wasn't blown away by it, but I'm sure it's better when playing with friends. It was a bit annoying toward the end of my session as I had been killed a few times looking for an atm which left me with no money, so I couldn't join jobs since you need money first. So I was stuck in a cycle of holding up stores for money, getting killed by the police since I couldn't buy any ammo, then having to steal my car back from the impound. I literally did that all 3 times in a row. On the third time, I got killed with a single bullet the second I opened the door to leave the store and rage quit

Had some fun online yesterday. There was one jerkbag that was just in it to kill all the other players and finally everyone had enough and we all banded together to kill him and every time he respawned as well. Once he finally have up we all moved on and did our own thing.

I was able to get on yesterday. Having difficulty today.
Overall, it was fun. I wasn't blown away by it, but I'm sure it's better when playing with friends. It was a bit annoying toward the end of my session as I had been killed a few times looking for an atm which left me with no money, so I couldn't join jobs since you need money first. So I was stuck in a cycle of holding up stores for money, getting killed by the police since I couldn't buy any ammo, then having to steal my car back from the impound. I literally did that all 3 times in a row. On the third time, I got killed with a single bullet the second I opened the door to leave the store and rage quit

Yea its a little annoying not having the ATMs marked on the map. You just need to remember where they are. I've yet to lose a large sum of cash from not being able to get to the ATM in time, but I've had some nervous moments for sure.

When in doubt, there's like 5 ATM's at the strip club, and if you're on the north side of the map there's an ATM at the bank that you hold up in story mode. Those have been my two go toos for money saving.

When in doubt, there's like 5 ATM's at the strip club,

hahaha good point. Also, I discovered that the convenience stores all have ATMs inside and they're all marked on the map.

Does it seem to you that it might be really hard to make large amounts of cash in this game? Maybe once the heists open up, there will be more money going around

hahaha good point. Also, I discovered that the convenience stores all have ATMs inside and they're all marked on the map.

Does it seem to you that it might be really hard to make large amounts of cash in this game? Maybe once the heists open up, there will be more money going around

The higher you level up, the more money you can make per mission... It does seem to be taking a while because a) the issues connecting online, b) having a job and a life.

I've seen dune things online that show payouts in the mid 6 figures for one job. That's at like level 48. I'm merely a level 8 right now. But I'm write proud of the 10gs I have in the bank. I can buy, um, ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom