Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JT's a loner but he's never alone....every night he gets one step closer to the danger zone.....

danger zoooone

archer-season-three-dvd-cover-22.jpg

I'm already getting tired of the game. Something about GTA campaigns and stories that I never find all that engaging or enjoyable.

I kinda get this. I'm still having a lot of fun with it and I'm really looking forward to online, but the driving from place to place can get a little dry. And I'm not super impressed with the story line. I'm starting to think I gravitate more toward linear style story telling. With Bioshock Infinite and Last of Us this year, I'd like to see a bit of a trend back toward that kind of game. You just can't beat the level of story detail and nuance of a linear game.
GTA V is certainly not the best game every made as some reviews have claimed... it's still a great game though

I like having both in my gaming life.....they satisfy different parts of me, and I'm complex, JT.

I'm the same, I guess. And there's certainly room for both. It's just a different experience. Don't get me wrong, I still think this game is wicked

This is going to sound ridiculous, but, I think because I read fiction non-stop, that sort of reduces my need or desire for stronger storytelling in games. I mean, in a perfect world the GTAV "story" would be as good as the mayhem....but, while I do want both, if forced to choose one, I'll take a more open world with all sorts of shit to do over the linear, well told story....but, again, love both. Bioshock Infinite was great, and The Last of Us was amazing.....maybe it's simply that those games were more satisfying, while GTAV is just more fun.

I'm actually enjoying the game much more now. The biggest problem for me was that I'd run out of new weapons and activities. The campaign unlocks more and more though. I guess I'll just have to deal with it and play the campaign so I can have more fun on my own.

Out of curiosity, did anyone else play the series when it was still top down? Hard to believe it's gone from that to the single biggest phenomenon in gaming.

As in bird's eye view? I played GTA 2 at a mate's house when I was in primary school once.

I wonder if my brother bought this game. Heading home for a few days this weekend so might be able to jump online if he's got it.

How did you guys deal with the paparazzi trying to rip you off?

I stomped the shit out of him, then poured gasoline on his unconscious body, lit him on fire, and took a picture of him burning with my ifruit

0_0.jpg

Forgot to mention that I experienced the No Country For Old Men event. Made me happy.

Who here is actually planning on getting the next gen systems at launch? I'm trying to figure out which systems I should be preordering games on, trying to base it on who I'll actually be able to play with.

Who here is actually planning on getting the next gen systems at launch? I'm trying to figure out which systems I should be preordering games on, trying to base it on who I'll actually be able to play with.

I'm getting the XBOX One around X-Mas time (I usually get about $500 as a gift from my employer every year). I chose the XBOX because of the NFL Package.

I'm getting PS4 at launch

Going Xbox, should be getting it around Christmas if I get my money right budgeting for next year's trips.

As far as games, I'll definitely be upgrading BF4 from 360 to One. Probably get the new AC as well.

Going Xbox, should be getting it around Christmas if I get my money right budgeting for next year's trips.

As far as games, I'll definitely be upgrading BF4 from 360 to One. Probably get the new AC as well.

I'll likely get BF4 on Xbox One as well. Done with COD?

Yeah, I'm done with it indefinitely. Unless I hear amazing things about a future title, count me out. I actually got pissed when I saw a Ghosts trailer during a football game and thought it looked bad ass. Fool me one, shame on me.

I'm getting both. Not 100% sure which games to get yet......outside of Killzone 4, which is preordered. I'm waiting on buying other games as I will be in NYC for a while right after the XBox is released. I'll buy whatever the fuck you guys want if we're gonna all play together, just let me know.

I have Killzone on PS4, Dead Rising on Xbox, and Battlefield (both) preordered. Waiting to see reviews on other things.

The storyline and voice acting on Killzone 3 was laughable, but otherwise it's a beauty and tons of fun. Will be getting 4.

I really hope like 10 of us can murder each other on PS4. Hopefully, JT wears his headset so I can hear him scream like a teeny weeny little tiny mini Canadian dog.

I really hope like 10 of us can murder each other on PS4. Hopefully, JT wears his headset so I can hear him scream like a teeny weeny little tiny mini Canadian dog.

By the time the PS4 comes out, I will be oh so very close to being done with school forever. At that point, I can finally play video games guilt-free.

I don't know why it's video games that I feel this intense guilt over during the school year, but there it is. The thought of playing video games, when I could be working on homework just makes me stomach cringe a little.

I feel absolutely zero guilt watching TV, listening to music, watching movies, going out, or even playing Flash/Facebook games during the school year. But sitting down to the console and I end up putting the controller back down without ever turning the system on.

Thus, why Travis was the only one to enjoy GTA during its brief stint in our house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom