Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty fucking tempted to buy a PS3 or Xbox, and GTA V, just so I can cruise around listening to Flying Lotus' station.

GTA is probably the only video game since N64 that I've actively enjoyed playing.

I really like how they improved the location that you start over at if you fail a mission. That's been my biggest gripe with the series.

I'm pretty fucking tempted to buy a PS3 or Xbox, and GTA V, just so I can cruise around listening to Flying Lotus' station.

GTA is probably the only video game since N64 that I've actively enjoyed playing.

There's a PS3 GTA bundle in the US, not sure about koala land. Then again, if you get it for 360, you could play with NSW, Imps, and myself.

Rented PS3 GTA5 for 5 nights. Too broke right now to straight up buy it and part of me is still holding out for a next gen release. When I buy it, I'll roll with 360, assuming there isn't a better option available.

I was the guy buying Pikmin 3 while everyone else got GTA today.

I'll eventually pick it up when the price drops. I still need to finish IV and the DLC. I got really close, but my PS3 data got lost and I haven't come back to it. My backlog is also huge. I'm playing through Darksiders, Fire Emblem Awakening, New Super Mario Bros U, and come back periodically to Skyrim. Tomb Raider when the wife is around because the narrative is more compelling for her as a viewer. At least a dozen more waiting.

And that damn dissertation thing.

Really, I'm mostly biding my time gaming-wise until WWE 2k14 drops, then it will suck hours from my very limited time. Arkham Origins, Last of Us, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Beyond: Two Souls and a few others are relegated to Christmas ideas, then. I'll probably pick up Wind Waker HD, though.

Spent about 6 hours with GTA 5.

I've never played a GTA game for more than a few minutes, so...

Mind = blown. An absolute joy. The graphics are *just* good (I don't think it's up to God of War levels, for instance, though it still looks good), but the gameplay, soundtrack, script, voice acting, etc. etc. are all phenomenal. I'm going to have a hard time returning this one on Sunday.

I stole a bus yesterday, ran over at least 15 pedestrians with it, texted Impy, then drove it over a guard rail into a ravine, then basically stalled out in a creek. This was after flying my blimp into a police copter, blowing said copter up, then trying to land the blimp on a building only to have the blimp explode.

Hahaha. I had a cop chopper shoot my blimp out of the sky for flying over the airport.

I plowed through the sidewalk in front of the GTA equivalent of the Chinese Theater. Kept going back and forth, probably hit around 60 people while cops were shooting at me.

I'm a wonderful human being.

The best part is that, as you know, in every other game I play, I always always ALWAYS play the good guy, always choose the most noble path, or the one with the least killing, etc. GTA doesn't really offer good guy options, per se, but, it brings out every single horrible gaming impulse I would otherwise stifle in favor of doing the right thing.

I went driving around for a bit looking for a church so I could maybe punch a nun. So, yeah.

Supposedly, if you find all the parts of a spaceship in the game, you'll actually be able to fly a spaceship in Online mode

Seriously, I love my family more than anything, but I wish I could ship my wife and daughter away for a week.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

I do recommend being "good" on the random encounters. I helped some kid out on the street who'd been robbed yesterday. A couple days later in game, I get an email from him. Apparently he owns some company, and he gave me $100,000 worth of stock in the company. I'll probably spend it all on weapons and strippers though, to even it out.

Cobbler, I freaking love the Flying Lotus radio station. There's actually an Outkast song on that channel. Worldwide FM (plays Django Django and Toro Y Moi) and Radio Mirror Park (Twin Shadow is the DJ) are good too. Were you to get it for 360, while we'd shoot you, you'd actually be our teammate. We shoot each other constantly.

Cobl, I'm a great teammate within missions....disciplined, team-oriented, I don't run off and do stupid shit.....etc. When a mission is over, though, that's when I try to kill my friends. Or maybe before the mission. But never during. Well, sometimes during, if I have a grenade. But still.

Got this today, guys. Sadly, I only have a PS3, so I won't be able to fly my jets into your cars.

I hijacked an ambulance and drove it into the ocean, then swam to shore, walked home and watched TV.

It's too addictive. Focussing on the story for now. I died like four times in a row trying to steal the jumbojet. It seems to explode easily. Gave up on it after that.

Thanks.

I think I was the only one in that line who has a career and didn't live with their parents.

Or had a career, as I've had two GTA related latenesses this week alone... nobody noticed the first day, the second one I blamed on the 7 train. :reject:

Nice! I seriously can't wait until Online is live. One thing I need to do is slow down on the missions and roam around and get more money and weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom