Video Game thread XIV ²: No Prequels Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not sure where you've seen them say it's not eventually coming, they've left that possibility wide open. Direct quote from the president of Rockstar North from a month ago:

Q: So do you think the next generation will help and allow you to expand your plans more easily?

A: We'll get the current gen version out first and see what happens in the future.

Interview: Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies on GTA Online and GTA V - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

From July:

"The only versions of the game that we have announced are for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 which are set for a September 17th worldwide release. We don’t have anything to share about the possibility of a next-gen or a PC platform release at this time and we are completely focused on delivering the best possible experience for the consoles people have right now."

GTA 5 On PS4? Not So Fast, Rockstar Says

Also July:

The game has only been announced for PS3 and Xbox 360 so far, in spite of evidence of a PC version. The studio declined to comment on PC or next-gen console rumors at this time.

"We are completely focused on delivering the best possible experience for the consoles people have right now."

GTA V Requires 8GB Install, No Difference Between PS3 And Xbox 360 Versions

I think it's only reasonable to assume that a higher frame rate & resolution version will eventually come to next gen consoles. Will that be any time soon? Probably not, they want to maximize sales of the current versions, so they can eventually get people to double dip on the next gen edition. Certainly no reason to wait, but you can pretty much guarantee you'll eventually be able to get a better version on next gen systems.

ibrH0uGl0wwoGH.gif

I just got a new laptop. Would you his recommend GTA V on PC or have console? Keep in mind I have an old Xbox 360 from 2007 and I'd HDMI connect my laptop to my TV and use my worked Xbox controller if using the PC.

Hasn't been announced for PC / next gen systems yet, so your only choice is console at the moment.

I haven't been gaming much lately but this looks too awesome to ignore. It's quite convenient I still have one week of vacation left.

Let the hype train start rolling:

Grand Theft Auto V Review - IGN

The Verdict

Grand Theft Auto V is not only a preposterously enjoyable video game, but also an intelligent and sharp-tongued satire of contemporary America. It represents a refinement of everything that GTA IV brought to the table five years ago. It’s technically more accomplished in every conceivable way, but it’s also tremendously ambitious in its own right. No other world in video games comes close to this in size or scope, and there is sharp intelligence behind its sense of humour and gift for mayhem. It tells a compelling, unpredictable, and provocative story without ever letting it get in the way of your own self-directed adventures through San Andreas.

It is one of the very best video games ever made.

10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom