Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend lent me Vanquish. In between the seizures and foaming at the mouth, it's pretty friggin awesome

There are rumors BF4 is going to be shown at tomorrow's PS4 event based on:

2rdafzq.jpg

4Ll.png

Prepare your bodies, JT and Imps.

Buying a PS3 has actually worked out near-perfectly for my desires as far as gaming, watching blu-rays and Netflixing have gone for the last 3+ years. If I were to pursue console gaming it won't be on the Wii U for at least another 18 months until the price drops and there's more than 1 game worth owning, and as of now I'm feeling inclined to replace my mac desktop with a PC to grab more Steam games as a substitute.

So my eyes are open to the PS4's announcement tomorrow to see anything inticing, but it's already starting at a slight handicap. I'm just not liking what I'm hearing about the future of the console model in the industry. This generation has gone on for ages, but if they're releasing at ~400 dollars a pop it may be quite a while before I dive in.

PS4-controller-confirmed.png

The speaker is fugly and I have no idea why the plastic surrounding the d-pad and buttons are a different color from everything else, but it's not a bad looking controller otherwise. I do wonder why they stole XBox's concave joysticks though. I prefer the convex ones.

The speaker is fugly and I have no idea why the plastic surrounding the d-pad and buttons are a different color from everything else, but it's not a bad looking controller otherwise. I do wonder why they stole XBox's concave joysticks though. I prefer the convex ones.

I don't think it's a different colour plastic, just a different texture, so it's reflecting light differently. Looks to be smooth whereas the rest is slightly rough.
And the joysticks still look convex to me. They're just inset a little this time.

What part is the speaker? I missed the start of the press conference

Killzone looks even cooler when it's not on that shitty stream from earlier. Awesome. Wish there was some gameplay footage from Infamous

Does the PS4 have proper lighting this time around? I'm not sure what the term is, but on the consoles, they'd have to cheat with a sort of global ambient lighting technique which made everything look less realistic (and lit up the inside of characters mouths). On the PC, the lighting always looked awesome and had a more realistic dynamic range. Anyone know? It was something I was always disappointed with this current generation

I mean, I know exactly what's gonna happen here.

I'll give zero thought to buying the PS4, then like 2 days before it gets released, Mofo will mention it arriving soon via Amazon or something and I'll just fucking buy it.

I mean, I know exactly what's gonna happen here.

I'll give zero thought to buying the PS4, then like 2 days before it gets released, Mofo will mention it arriving soon via Amazon or something and I'll just fucking buy it.

Watch that Watch Dogs video, and you may give more than 0 thought to it. Futuristic open world game in Chicago.

I guess I just mean that it's inevitable that I buy it. I don't doubt that the games will look awesome, etc......from what you know, will this satisfy console gamers or will more people start really migrating towards PC gaming?

Hard to say at this point, there already are PC games that look much better. They really didn't show a ton of actual game play though, and it's all really early, so it's probably unfair to make a comparison. It certainly looks good though, much better than the consoles we have. I'm sure we'll see a lot more in a few months at E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom