Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jokes jokes jokes!

But seriously, that collection is insane, did you check into it? I DID. It's insane.

We're all knights, people. Knights of the Bro Republic.

I predict that I finish Far Cry 3 by Sunday evening. What then? I don't know, and neither do you.

I can't afford $60 releases, simple as that. If used games were killed off, I would wait a coulple of years to buy the PS4/720 (Microsoft wants in on this too). I don't care that much about keeping up with gaming. Apparently, the next gen will have a lifespan of 10 years, so I won't feel too bad only enjoying 70-80% of that.

Of course, the generation after that could lead to the shutdown of the previous system's servers, meaning you won't be able to play the system anymore, as every game requires an internet connection. That possibility is extremely baffling and a major turnoff.

I think I saw an article a while back that basically the costs of a gaming PC versus Console gaming isn't actually that different. I am talking about lifetime costs and having a decent setup for your console to use all it's features such as a tv that can display HD. If you factor in that the games on consoles are anywhere from 10 to 20 quid dearer, over time the PC isn't that much more expensive. The need to upgrade all the time has also massively slowed, as people are still playing the latest games on quite old hardware.

I think if Valve do release the Steambox things could be interesting. An affordable modular PC for the living room that does everything could be the way to go.

I'm excited for PS4 because I'm a graphics whore.

Ya, the used games thing is bullshit. They can't just decide "well, you're paying for a license for the game". No I'm fucking not. They already don't let you download it from the disc to the system; that makes sense. Now they're just getting greedy.

I still refuse to buy used games from gamestop though. Oh, you dropped it a whole $5 because it's used and are double dipping? Eat shit

I agree with all of this, I don't buy my games used so that doesn't bother me so much but I do borrow games from friends quite often so I can decide whether I want to buy them or not. The fact that you wont even be able to lend games to someone else sucks balls.

Know what I wish they would make? A game like Battlefield 3, except Star Wars themed. I want to pilot an AT-AT through Hoth.

What would you guys recommend for a downloadable game between:
Limbo
Machinarium
The Cave
?

Finished Far Cry 3 this weekend. For those of you who've finished:

Did you watch both endings? The "bad" ending is pretty freaking screwed up.

I chose the "good" ending but just watched the "bad" one. Yikes.

Not sure what to play next. Might take a break and wait for Gears.

Know what I wish they would make? A game like Battlefield 3, except Star Wars themed. I want to pilot an AT-AT through Hoth.
Ever played Battlefront? I played Battlefront 2 a lot with one of my friends. We would spend the whole afternoon taking over the universe. Good times.

Yeah, a new Star Wars FPS would be really cool.

That's the one I'm leaning toward.
I used to love Maniac Mansion when I was a kid, so The Cave interested me.
And Mechinarium just looks so cool

Machinarium is very cool and very pretty to look at. I would say it's the most interesting out of the bunch.

Battlefront was like a roaming third person action game with vehicles and the like, the third one which was cancelled when it was practically finished you could get into an x wing on planet surface and take off into orbit to a battle happening their with star destroyers and the like. It looked amazing but was unfortunately cancelled which pissed off the developer somewhat.

I thought Battlefront was an FPS. I always played in first person anyway. Never played the campaign though.

Machinarium is very cool and very pretty to look at. I would say it's the most interesting out of the bunch.

Battlefront was like a roaming third person action game with vehicles and the like, the third one which was cancelled when it was practically finished you could get into an x wing on planet surface and take off into orbit to a battle happening their with star destroyers and the like. It looked amazing but was unfortunately cancelled which pissed off the developer somewhat.

Maybe I'll just get all 3 then.

Man, Battlefront sounds awesome. Hopefully they bring it back

The more I hear about these "next gen" consoles, the more I wonder if buying a nice computer for gaming may end up being a better option. We'll see.

This looks better:

i0q3kpd.gif

The whole thing should be a touch pad, shaped like a boomerang. With two styluses, one for each hand. And it can only work for one person via dual fingerprint scanners so you can't buy a used one.

EDIT: And it should have Facebook.

It looks good. Still not sure if I'm going to buy any of the next gen systems because I've barely played any games. My laptop can handle practically every game as well.

I'll probably cave anyway.

Just more shit to go wrong. Unless it's going to completely revolutionize games, I say less is more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom