Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Metal gear solid hd collection makes those ps2 games look like shitty 360 games. Just beat metal gear solid 2 in under 9 hours, shorter them I remember it.

Metal gear solid hd collection makes those ps2 games look like shitty 360 games. Just beat metal gear solid 2 in under 9 hours, shorter them I remember it.

I bet you couldn't even get through the cut scenes in Guns of the Patriots in that time! Zing!

That reminds me of that Naughty Bear game, or whatever it was called. My 9 year old brother thought that game would be awesome, but the more teddy bears he killed, the sadder he got, just in a "this is wrong" kind of way.

Yeah, except, I'm not sad right now. What I am is one bear skin short of where I need to be, so, the flamethrowing shall continue. And, if a couple of my huma enemies get burned to a crisp in the process, so much the better, cos right now I'm all out of sniper ammo and my other two guns annoy me.

I'm hunting Bears with a flamethrower right now. Something about this seems insanely wrong, and yet it's also the right thing to do.

Had there been lyrics in Radiohead's 'Hunting Bears', I guarantee you that what they would have been about.

I bought a 250 gig slim after my 40 gig fat died for the 4th time in a year. Lots more space and such

I wanted one bundled with Playstation Move, but when it was the same price for a Playstation Move bundle with 250 gb and a game I didn't want, for a game I DID want and 500 gb, I couldn't say no.

So I came home and bought a Kinect sensor off of eBay for $45.

I'm happy.

The first hour of Assassin's Creed III is nothing but cut scenes and holding the joystick forward.

From what I've heard, it pretty much takes 6 hours before the actual game starts. :huh:

The first hour of Assassin's Creed III is nothing but cut scenes and holding the joystick forward.

Assassin's Creed I was nothing but climbing a tower and jumping into a wheel barrow full of hay.

I never played any of the others but I'm not quite sure why the game gets so much hype.

Assassins Creed bored me to tears outside of enjoying wandering Florence because I had just visited there.

I've played the shit out of Far Cry 3 and am still only on Chapter 3. Game is vast.

Have any of the PS3 people downloaded that Dust 514 game yet? It's a free one. Kinda like a cross between an mmo and a first person shooter. It's kinda fun. I wasn't really sure what I was doing though. Not sure how the developers plan to make any money, but I think there are those micro transaction things for better weapons and vehicles and stuff.

Also played the Dead Space 3 demo and got scared

Ya, I haven't gone back to Assassin's Creed since the first one either. One of the most boring experiences ever

Yeah, my next two purchases will be the Mass Effect Trilogy and the Bioshock combo pack. I'll put 10-20 hours into AC3 and if I don't get anywhere exciting I'll move on to something else.

I'm hunting Bears with a flamethrower right now. Something about this seems insanely wrong, and yet it's also the right thing to do.

Haha, that is awesome. I killed some zombie firefighters with a car battery acid-filled fire extinguisher yesterday. That was fun.

First assassin's creed was a snoozefest, and I kept missing the hay barrows.

I never played the first one but love the second one. And I've heard it was a huge improvement over l. There are worse things to do than run around in 15th century Florence as an assassin who can knife two people in the face at once.

Have any of you fellas played Journey? Really short, but really unique.... worth the money if you ask me. It's neat to be playing, then have another character run in and join you, only realize that it's a real, random, anonymous person. We finished the game together and then that was it.
Anyway, check it out if you get a chance

Oh wait, the credits just finished... apparently I was playing with 2 different people and they give you the names. Still really cool

I meant to pick Journey up and just never got to it. Looks like I'll have to save the for next weekend.

Meanwhile, I'm buying Alan Wake right now. Can't wait for that shit to get here.

I find it interesting how video game critics do so little to encourage innovation and creativity, compared to music critics and especially film critics. The best selling games uniformly have higher scores on gamerankings. Heavy Rain receives strong criticism, whereas Call of Duty 3647363865395693: The Return of the Return of the Return of Hitler: Undead Zombie Edition and its ilk will always receive a 90 or higher. I guess this is why there are so many direct sequels and hardly any new ideas.

Have any of you fellas played Journey? Really short, but really unique.... worth the money if you ask me. It's neat to be playing, then have another character run in and join you, only realize that it's a real, random, anonymous person. We finished the game together and then that was it.
Anyway, check it out if you get a chance

I have it and will play it when I'm done with Far Cry 3, if I ever get done with Far Cry 3.

I find it interesting how video game critics do so little to encourage innovation and creativity, compared to music critics and especially film critics. The best selling games uniformly have higher scores on gamerankings. Heavy Rain receives strong criticism, whereas Call of Duty 3647363865395693: The Return of the Return of the Return of Hitler: Undead Zombie Edition and its ilk will always receive a 90 or higher. I guess this is why there are so many direct sequels and hardly any new ideas.

Amen to this.

I think it partially has to do with games being less subjective than music and movies. Most people who play videogames enjoy shooting things or stabbing things or body slamming things. Usually, if a game is awesome, everyone who plays videogames will like it. Whereas if a dubstep album is 'awesome', I'll probably think it's a pile of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom