Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember numerous times sitting on those cannons to the point where no one was talking, we were nearly falling asleep, but still couldn't stop watching a group of soldiers and their horses fly through the air.

2 weeks ago when we made it straight through to Wave 50 in Horde, nobody spoke much from Wave 41 on, we were all nodding off. But we saved mankind anyway.

In a year, we will be playing some sort of psychotic multi-player option for GTA. All hell will break loose.

A group of friends and I play capture the flag 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 depending on who's there at Hang Em High every couple months.

Some of my favorite memories growing up were LANing the shit out of CTF Hang Em with six or eight friends. Games could go on for hours. I still hold all Halo games to that standard, and none measure up.

That said, I love the new one.

He had such an unfair advantage in that game. It was like he was playing his biography. Thank goodness he was on our side. While typing that I thought of us taking over and defending that fort, just unleashing cannon ball after cannon ball at attackers and started cracking up.

Love this.

Some of my favorite memories growing up were LANing the shit out of CTF Hang Em with six or eight friends. Games could go on for hours. I still hold all Halo games to that standard, and none measure up.

Those CTF matches to 5 captures would be insane. Like I remember hour-long stalemates tied 0-0. One time I got over 400 kills and had less than 100 deaths and took a picture of the postgame stats with my phone. Yes. I'm that nerdy.

350px-H4_gauss_hog_render.png

I learned last night that video games are hard when you've sliced your left index finger open peeling potatoes and have that finger bandaged. Worst night of Halo 4 yet.

Please tell me that a red vs blue reference is not too geeky for the video game thread, and that someone got that.

Disclaimer - This is more about me than the quality of the games.

I tried Borderlands, FIFA '13 and Far Cry 3 and just could not get into any of them. Far Cry 3 especially seems like fun but it just wasn't roping me in.

Today, though, I started Dishonored and I'm in. I'm digging it.

That's all, fellow Knights.

Thanks to a bout of Holiday-togetherness-induced cold, I may be joining you on that Dishonored boat quite soon.

The whole damn game so far has involved sneaking behind people and doling out KNIFE CRIME.

If only someone could make a Liam Gallagher mod.

Thoroughly unimpressed with the lack of red vs blue follow ups since I last saw this thread.

Disclaimer - This is more about me than the quality of the games.

I tried Borderlands, FIFA '13 and Far Cry 3 and just could not get into any of them. Far Cry 3 especially seems like fun but it just wasn't roping me in.

I still have opened the copy of Borderlands I bought on Black Friday. The more I read about it, the more I'm thinking I might not be able to get into it either.

My PS3 died last night. :( I won't have another one for a month, probably.

It was good timing, getting the 360 when I did. At least I have Skyrim, Battlefield 3, Dishonored, Red Dead Redemption and Dead Island to keep me entertained.

Gamertag = Traviud

Red Dead is so damn good. I'm way behind with that one, but it still looks fantastic. Graphics are definitely plateauing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom