Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like them all to varying degrees. Reach and ODST I like more than 2 and 3, I think. I really liked the first one when it came out, not sure how much I'd like it now, but 4 may be my favorite of them all.

I agree with you about liking Reach and ODST more than 2 and 3, Beav (campaign wise, at least). Did you play through the Anniversary edition of the original game? It was fun, cool to play through it again with better graphics. I was shocked when I'd remember where certain weapons or things were in the levels, considering I hadn't played it in a decade.

Give the Spartan Ops missions a try, if you haven't already. They have their own story that takes place a little bit after the main game ends. They reuse a lot of areas, but they've still been pretty fun. The CGI movies that lead each episode are awesome as well.

You can play them by yourself, not sure if you have to have a gold Xbox Live membership to play them or not. I played through all of them solo first before playing them coop.

"We say, 'Love your brother.' We don't say it really, but... "

"We don't literally say it."

"No, we don't say it."

"We don't really, literally mean it."

"No, we don't believe it either, but... "

"But we're not racists."

"But that message should be clear, anyway."

"We're anything but racists."

Spartan Ops are great. I think you need live for it because they're continually updating everyone with more episodes. And I agree that Reach was better than 2 or 3, but don't hold a candle to the original. I still play the original from time to time. A group of friends and I play capture the flag 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 depending on who's there at Hang Em High every couple months.

Far Cry 3 is so much fun. I pretty much have only done two story missions, and just spent all the rest of my time exploring, hunting, driving, hang gliding, and trying to kill people in crazy ways (like shooting the lock off of a cage door to free a bear and then watching it maul the enemies nearby).

If you're a fan of open world type games, particularly Red Dead or Skyrim, you should check this out. I'm really impressed so far, lots of fun.

I think you'll like it. I was only planning on playing for an hour Thursday night, as I knew I wouldn't have much time to play on the weekend. Played for 4 hours, and changed my sleep schedule on the weekend to make some time to play. It's a lot of fun, tons of cool things you can waste your time doing.

It's hard because I'm actually busy outside of work lately and I hate starting a game like that if I know I can play sporadically at best. Ugh, it sucks occasionally having a life, geez.

I hear you, same reason I wasn't planning on starting it yet either. Luckily it's one of those games where you can go and do anything you want to do, so you can go do one random thing for 20 minutes and call it a night.

I'm pretty excited to play some more Halo tonight. Mrs. Tourist will be out and about so I get a few hours of guilt-free video game time! :drool:

Just started playing Far Cry 3 as well. Major fun...approached a pirate with the intention of sniping them from across a sea inlet except to be jumped on by a tiger, beat it off and then sprinted forward where I am spotted by said pirates who come running out of their base to fire on me, two are taken out by the tiger who followed me. One of the pirates then starts throwing molotovs at me and the tiger, the bush grass is now on fire as well as part of the base. I manage to disable the alarm, but didn't realise the tiger had finished off most of the pirates and it then proceeds to rip me a new one.

The second time around went a bit smoother, killed the nearby tiger first and just started lobbing grenades into the base and picked the pirates off as they tried to get to the alarm to call for backup.

Just started playing Far Cry 3 as well. Major fun...approached a pirate with the intention of sniping them from across a sea inlet except to be jumped on by a tiger, beat it off and then sprinted forward where I am spotted by said pirates who come running out of their base to fire on me, two are taken out by the tiger who followed me. One of the pirates then starts throwing molotovs at me and the tiger, the bush grass is now on fire as well as part of the base. I manage to disable the alarm, but didn't realise the tiger had finished off most of the pirates and it then proceeds to rip me a new one.

The second time around went a bit smoother, killed the nearby tiger first and just started lobbing grenades into the base and picked the pirates off as they tried to get to the alarm to call for backup.

And people wonder why I still love video games. :drool:

I feel bad for adults who liked video games when they were younger and have stopped because they don't feel like they should still be playing them because they're grown up. Because holy hell, they're as fun as they ever were.

Not only that, some of the experiences and stories rival what they're getting on TV or in movies.

LJT, make an effort to pick up the collectibles (buy the maps), as you can unlock fancy unique weapons if you get enough. I unlocked a crazy .50 cal sniper riflle that I can 1 shot bears and tigers with. Pretty sweet.

Winter break = fighting over the PS3. Unfortunately, Ashley's vice is Skyrim, so I lose. You get hooked on that shit bad and it doesn't let go.

Took me about 5 hours to get to 53% in Uncharted. That was slightly disappointing. Great game though.

GTA = selling that cocaine then killing the dealer you just sold it to then using the cocaine then killing pedestrians that witnessed this then attacking the cops that come to arrest you then driving your car onto a ramp, off the ramp, onto some train tracks, whereupon you drive on the tracks at top speed and then drive off of the tracks and land on a building's rooftop, where you take out your sniper rifle and set up shop, waiting for a police helicopter to show up so you can snipe the police snipers.

RDR = Son of a bitch bastard Texans driving your stage coach off a cliff upon arriving at your destination after a lengthy journey

He had such an unfair advantage in that game. It was like he was playing his biography. Thank goodness he was on our side. While typing that I thought of us taking over and defending that fort, just unleashing cannon ball after cannon ball at attackers and started cracking up.

I like how we would do it to the point of getting bored, then eventually turn the cannon balls against each other.

That was a fun 4 hours of Halo. Ahhhhh.... Almost positive 200 on the kill/death stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom