Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Know what they should make? A game like Battlefield 3, with all the huge maps and vehicles, but make a StarWars one

Not sure if it's on PC yet, but a similar arty independent game I liked a great deal was Bastion. It was a lot of fun.

Knee deep in it at the moment- not a genre I have a lot of experience with, but agree with you so far.

So, on my grand journey of playing all of last year's games, I'm about 6 hours into L.A. Noire. I'm not sure how to feel. I'm having a lot of fun, but at the same time, it feels incredibly repetitive, and I hate that it seamlessly moves into the next storyline mission. I don't feel like I have the time to go do shit on my own, since I'm already in the middle of something, if that makes sense.

I like that Ken Cosgrove stars in it, but the game seems way too easy. Also, what's the replay value like? I can't imagine ever playing it again after the first time through, since you know what to do in all the interrogations.

The thing about L.A. Noire is that it's more like what I wanted Heavy Rain to be in certain ways. I don't know how to explain that much better. It's just that whole decision-making process present in L.A. Noire that I didn't feel were there in Heavy Rain. I realize the latter was supposed to be all decision-based, but really the plot ended up feeling incredibly linear.

The Mass Effect 3 extended ending DLC is out. Perusing YouTube, it looks like Bioware reduced the vaguely insulting "we swapped the color palette!" effort of the three options by fleshing them out a bit more, to varying effect. The best addition is a fourth, "refusal" option you get either by telling the kid to fuck off or by shooting him with your pistol, although second best would be how they also take pains to emphasize that the relays aren't necessarily destroyed like every other option in the original ending would lead you to believe.

There's also a hilariously shoehorned/jammed-in scene added while Shepard is running to the beam, where Normandy descends and picks up the rest of your team as Harbinger just....stares, I guess, and waits for you to start running to the beam before firing again. Probably better off leaving the unexplained plot thread of "what about the team?" instead of that.

I watched the new Synthesis ending and it definitely looks like it's improved upon. I think I'll watch them all except for the refusal one, since that sounds like something my Shep would do once I download the DLC (played it on PS3 so I have to wait until next month - I went with Destroy before). Very happy with Bioware for making these, even if some stuff is obviously going to be shoehorned (can't understand why they even kept the Normandy crashing on the jungle planet scene? Doesn't seem to make sense since they fly away anyway, at least in Synthesis). Also, I'm really happy that Thane, Mordin and Legion flash onto the screen now too.

I think I'll watch them all except for the refusal one, since that sounds like something my Shep would do once I download the DLC (played it on PS3 so I have to wait until next month - I went with Destroy before).

Well actually, me of some hours ago, no. The refusal one is the worst possible decision and a bit of a funny troll from Bioware to the ending haters. Destroy's the only one I haven't watched, so I'll just go with that when I play the EC.

Wooooooowww....the ending of Infamous 2 is so easy. Really solid game, but that was the biggest letdown since Super Mario Sunshine. I wasn't playing with hero karma, but I hear the Beast is way easier than Kessler anyway.

The way Sony handles updates is the worst. I can't believe they didn't figure something better out for Vita. Lame. Hopefully their western divisions have a lot more influence on how the PS4 is designed.

Anyone going to pick up Sleeping Dogs? I think JT mentioned it a while back. I wasn't really considering it until I realized that the map of Hong Kong, while definitely not 100% accurate, still has tried to keep all the major locations / sites. Just watching some gameplay videos, I've been able to tell what parts of Hong Kong they're in. Should be pretty cool just to drive around and see places I've been in real life. Also, the game looks like a lot of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbl_L6XywjE

I haven't played much recently either, still need to finish some games I got ages ago. This Sleeping Dogs game might be up your alley though. So might Max Payne 3 (doesn't really matter if you haven't played the first 2).

So I'm pretty behind the times. Just picked up Gears of War 3 on the cheap.

I haven't even played any of the campaign yet. Played hoard mode with some friends for about an hour and a half.

After playing it for a couple hours, I could see that. I was also a fan of Firefight in Reach, but I hear Horde is similar but ridiculously better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom