Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: 'is this how they treat the Thane of Whiterun'. Love it.

If you want to know how to fight something that's too powerful for you, look for a river and play games with them. They wont swim after you. At least... properly.

That's a good idea; most things don't like water. A random, angry mage in the woods came after me, so I jumped in the river. He took off running along the bank like he was going to find a way to cross. I never saw him again. :lol: He's probably still looking for me.

I just climb on top of rocks and feed them full of arrows. My archer rules.

The archery system is so much better in this game than in Oblivion. I actually enjoy using it.

I'm a Breton, and I act as a battlemage. So... I use light armor, no shield, one handed weapon with magic in the other hand, and I use the bow for sneaking and for exactly what you're talking about mofo... too much fun.

Rachel D. said:
Some Hired Thugs came after me for stealing Frost and killed me about four times. The guards said "This oughta be good" and walked away. Is that how they treat the Thane of Whiterun? :tsk: Also, I'm at level 10 and have started seeing trolls and bears, which kill me in three hits and are really fast. I'm currently in the process of climbing the 7,000 Steps and it turns out that there really are 7,000 steps. I have one Shout, Unrelenting Force, which is lame and doesn't do any good. I had to fill in for someone at work this week, so I have only played 11 hours in Skyrim; this will be soon remedied.

FROST! My attachment to that horse is borderline creepy. Travis can't understand why I keep resetting the game any time he dies, but damn! I've had that fucking horse for over a week now!

I don't bring companions with me... I wish it was like Fallout where you could have multiple though. Because then I'd tell them to go wait in my house and make it a party in there.

I open this page, see "Thane" and think there's some Mass Effect discussion. I'm disappoint.

I'll probably pick up Skyrim during the holidays, though.

Just spent like... 6 hours straight on Skyrim. Killed a bunch of people.. oddly enough there's still several major holds after 25+ hours of play that I've neglected to visit.

Question though - I've learned some shouts but I can't use them. It says I need dragon souls... I've killed over 6 dragons so far...

LuckyNumber7 said:
Just spent like... 6 hours straight on Skyrim. Killed a bunch of people.. oddly enough there's still several major holds after 25+ hours of play that I've neglected to visit.

Question though - I've learned some shouts but I can't use them. It says I need dragon souls... I've killed over 6 dragons so far...

Did you press whatever the equivalent of square is with a shout highlighted? It should say underneath the shout press "?" To unlock.

That'd be X on the 360. No, I didn't. I'll check it out, I didn't look too hard. Maybe I just very easily overlooked it, thanks.

One my my mates housemates spent pretty much 60 hours straight on it after release day, even forgot to eat on Friday. At least he went outside on Sunday, but yeah. I couldn't believe it.

That is insane. I start to get upset with myself if I waste too much of a day doing something like that. Which is why my consecutive 6 hours went from 9pm to 3am and I got up for class at 9am.

If I ever witness the sun setting or rising as I'm playing video games, there's something wrong :lol:

i remember when you had to level lock picking in wow. anyone who made a rogue in the last year got away easy. bastards.

in on the swtor beta again this weekend and downloading the new client, otherwise i'd totally have gotten skyrim by now.

There would be something wrong because you have responsibilities on your back presently and in the future, but so far what I have noticed from life is that those responsibilities become less and less important as you grow up. I know it's the complete opposite from the status quo but I just feel that it has happened to me that way...

I can't tell whether your statement is sarcastic or not.

Err... I dunno what you're doing lol but my life has been continuously increasing in responsibility.

Tis' the life of a Computer Engineering Major.

FROST! My attachment to that horse is borderline creepy. Travis can't understand why I keep resetting the game any time he dies, but damn! I've had that fucking horse for over a week now!

Me too! I reloaded once when he got killed, but now I try to "park" him someplace where he won't try to help if I get in a fight. He tried to help kill a dragon and has been on fire a few times, but somehow survived.

I started doing the main quest more seriously, so I have the full Unrelenting Force shout and can make an explosion and knock people flat. It's so much fun! I also started the Thieves Guild and they're more involved with organized crime instead of merrily stealing things and helping the poor like in Oblivion. They had me committing arson! I'm getting really good at picking locks, though.

Speaking of people following me and dragons...

I was doing some side quest and a guy asked if he could follow me and I said sure... I fast traveled to a close location and a dragon appeared. It landed and ate him. I laughed so hard.

Rachel D. said:
Me too! I reloaded once when he got killed, but now I try to "park" him someplace where he won't try to help if I get in a fight. He tried to help kill a dragon and has been on fire a few times, but somehow survived.

I started doing the main quest more seriously, so I have the full Unrelenting Force shout and can make an explosion and knock people flat. It's so much fun! I also started the Thieves Guild and they're more involved with organized crime instead of merrily stealing things and helping the poor like in Oblivion. They had me committing arson! I'm getting really good at picking locks, though.

It's hilarious, but for some reason, a horker could kill Frost without it even trying, but that damn horse takes on every single dragon I run into and lives every time. Plus he distracts the dragons for me so I just fire arrows into their ass til they die.

I'm in charge of the Thieves Guild now, which took a little time. Working on becoming Arch-mage now. Then I think I'll take over the Dark Brotherhood, THEN go back to the main story.

My favorite shout is Marked For Death, that one is super useful. Want to find the rest of the words to it.

The dragons are actually pretty weak unless you let their mouth get to you, in which case it can kill you in one hit. Horkers, bears, sabres, Giants, and Mammoths all will kill you very, very quickly though.

But yeah, I like your style 212. Always leave the main story for after you're Mr. Hotshot. It makes the game that much better in my opinion. Save it as the 'final battle' if you will.

enhanced-buzz-6880-1321801160-7.jpg

the creepiest thing about oblivion has got to be the way i always return from jail in the beginning after being arrested without any pants. i didn't steal them, there's no reason they should have been confiscated.

i decided since i never played it, rather than dropping 60 bucks on skyrim, 20 bucks via steam is more the kind of price i want to pay for something that's honestly just a time killer before swtor comes out.

The best part is if you take off all of your armor and run around practically naked...

You start to ask yourself... where am I hiding all of this stuff? In my little diaper? A perfect thong made with the ability to carry 300+ pounds of material without it being visible? Like... Tommy Pickle?

:lol:

makes me think that if 1) i am hiding my inventory in my diaper and 2) increased strength means you can carry more stuff, then 3) those big, bad, buffed up warrior guys really are just compensating for something. cos ya know, more stuff fits in their diapers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom