Video Game thread XIII: Knights of the Bro Republic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
I decided to skip 10. Continue....

KLQ15.jpg

no. typical release schedule is around 6 to 8 months from when the trailer first comes out. only reason why 4 took a year is because it was delayed because of issues with the xbox 360. seeing as they know about those issues (as in capacity on the dvd vs. capacity on the blu-ray of ps3), there shouldn't be that extra 3-4 month delay like last time.

spring/summer

Plus, a spring or summer release date always gives the publisher some leeway to push the game back to the lucrative holiday release season in case of unforeseen delays.

There's no guarantee with this stuff, it could honestly be 2013 or early next year. Who knows.

There's no guarantee with this stuff, it could honestly be 2013 or early next year. Who knows.

of course... but it looked pretty far along for that. if all they did was announce it, then yes... i'd say 2013 is a distinct possibility.

the casting calls that have been linked back to rockstar and assumed to be for GTA V were done a while ago now.

i think we'll see it about 3 months after max payne... so that puts it towards late spring/early summer.

no. typical release schedule is around 6 to 8 months from when the trailer first comes out. only reason why 4 took a year is because it was delayed because of issues with the xbox 360. seeing as they know about those issues (as in capacity on the dvd vs. capacity on the blu-ray of ps3), there shouldn't be that extra 3-4 month delay like last time.

spring/summer

Grand Theft Auto has historically always been released in Fall, and if I recall correctly, always the last week of October.

GTA 4 came out in Spring. San Andreas was in Summer for all consoles other than PS2. Red Dead Redemption was late spring. They could release one of these games on freaking Christmas Day, and they'd still sell ridiculously.

I really need to try to fly through Uncharted 3 this weekend, friggin' COD and Skyrim both are next week. Then Halo Anniversary the Tuesday after that. Going to be ridiculous.

GTA 4 came out in Spring. San Andreas was in Summer for all consoles other than PS2. Red Dead Redemption was late spring. They could release one of these games on freaking Christmas Day, and they'd still sell ridiculously.

I really need to try to fly through Uncharted 3 this weekend, friggin' COD and Skyrim both are next week. Then Halo Anniversary the Tuesday after that. Going to be ridiculous.

Right but as Headache stated, GTA IV is the exception because of what was a delay. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that GTA IV's release date minus the setback = October.

On San Andreas... do you not recall the big deal that was made over GTA moving over to XBOX? A second release-date was only issued because of that. The game was created for PS2 originally. All of its success was under PS2, just like the previous two installments. To say 'except for PS2' is silly, especially because we're talking over half a year later between those releases. Red Dead Redemption also isn't part of the GTA series.

Yeah, I'm aware the day itself doesn't matter... but I think 15 years worth of GTA having release dates set for October could be a sign that they might continue that trend. Just like Call of Duty and the week of Veterans Day in November (of course that's much more time-based though).

On Skyrim... couldn't come at a worse time! Exams coming up. Oh well.

This is probably a very unpopular opinion but I don't get the appeal of Uncharted. I started playind the second one but got bored after a few hours.

This is probably a very unpopular opinion but I don't get the appeal of Uncharted. I started playind the second one but got bored after a few hours.
It's weird, but somewhere between my childhood and adulthood I completely lost the desire to play adventure games with a very linear path. I really tend to play more creative, open-world stuff or multiplayer these days instead of games that hold your hand through a 10-20 hour cinematic storyline.

I'd never buy Uncharted games outright, but they are the perfect example of a good rental game. Rent it, finish the great story, and return it. Less than a buck an hour is a cheap-ass price for entertainment.

I'm amazed at how Naughty Dog studios has been able to continue churning out AAA franchises. Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, and now Uncharted are beloved Playstation franchises.

I generally dont like the
supernatural
turns the Uncharted series takes, but that's a minor complaint in an otherwise flawless series. Looking forward to picking up the new one

Honestly, I agree with you for the most part, Canadiens. I think Uncharted games are excellent single run games, but then I never play them again. As a big fan of the more free-roam elements of Jak II and III, the linearity bothers me because I know this studio can make great, huge stages to explore, but as far as pure unabashed entertainment goes, I think the Uncharted games are a lot of fun. I'd say my "fucking awesome" was intended for all the wacky scripted hijinks Drake gets up to rather than the gameplay itself, which, other than a more fluid melee system, is the same as ever. But the gameplay is consistant and fun enough for me to not argue. And obviously, the presentation values are so great that it's worth playing just for that - there's been plenty of times I've had to pause for a moment and take in the incredible environments.

For what it's worth, I rented UC3, but I own cheaply purchased copies of the first two.

I want to play Uncharted 3, but compared to something like Skyrim, it's definitely a game I don't plan on paying launch price for. Skyrim, then Skyward Sword, then U3.

I finished Uncharted 3. I'm not really sure I care for the multiplayer this time around. They've gone overboard with perks and options. :huh: There's at least 40 different ways to perk your player. Too many options and not enough slots.

Here's saying something: after playing multiplayer for a few hours, I switched discs and played Undead Nightmare. :(

I may hang on to it a bit and try and get a platinum trophy, but I think I'm ultimately gonna sell it off before the end of the year and get Battlefield 3 with whatever I get for it.

edit: can I say that I think this was way easier than the second one? Maybe my hand eye coordination has gotten really good, or I'm just used the gameplay and don't "get stuck" anymore, but I finished it in my own record time for ANY video game (I estimate about 10 hours), and I did it on Hard.

I want to play Uncharted 3, but compared to something like Skyrim, it's definitely a game I don't plan on paying launch price for. Skyrim, then Skyward Sword, then U3.
Hah, nice joke, there...mentioning games after Skyrim like you'll ever have time / motivation to play them after Skyrim comes out. :D

I finally have Battlefield 3. :happydance:

It's awesome. I had some doubts after playing the beta but it's improved a lot.

MW3... I was #6 in line at my GameStop. Felt like a U2 concert.

Game is spot on. You can definitely tell that it's got the old Infinity Ward touch... and Treyarch rubbed their grubby little paws all over it. But it still turned out nice (so far).

Still lines?

There were about 500 people on campus last night. 5 GameStops within a 4 mile radius of campus as well, with each individual store having their own massive midnight launch.

Judging from what I saw (and what I saw with Black Ops a year ago), I'd imagine this game is well on it's way to demolishing single day sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom